Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had already froz all my hamburger (real lean) into 1lb packages. I thawed it and put it in my wok, minced onion, garlic, and 1 quart baggie chicken broth that I froz (last time I boiled chicken I froz extra quarts of it) 1 med bag of mixed veggies, 3 beef boulion cubes, a dash of dales seasoning and simmered. When all cooked I took some of the broth out and stirred in flour and put back and simmered till it thickened...mmmmm. Then I took those cheap biscuits (the ones in the four pack) cooked them and served it on those. So probably what the meal cost $5.00 and it made enough for a second night.
Now I am so proud of myself, freezing and making extra stuff when I can (chicken broth). Sorry I think I am gloating.. but you get so excited when it all turns out and turns out cheap.
Thanks for listening
Ms Louise

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
that sounds like a yum meal. filling too. great job. (and thanks for sharing it, we'll have to try it here.)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sounds yummo! :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Congrats!! Sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That's not gloating, and even if it was, so what? The recipe sounds yummy! These days, you have to stretch what you can as far as you can, and to make a huge meal like that for that price is a job well done!

·
4,028 Posts
That sounds as if it is going on my menu later this week. It sounds really good.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i think i'll give this one a try!
thanks for sharing, and if you have more.. please post them too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts