Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Zachary's birthday party, I had the kids do chocolate covered pretzels. I had leftover pretzels and chocolate, so made some for us here at home too.

I made 35. :eek: I thought I'd take a pic of a few. Yummm. lol
Needless to say, I will not be losing anything come weigh in time this Monday.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Yum. They look cute :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
They look great! :thumb:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
They are so festive looking!!!! I'll bet kids and adults alike would really like these for Christmas!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Yummy! I love chocolate covered pretzels. A co-worker gave me some last year for Christmas that she had made.

I love how you decorated those.:D

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
they look yummy. I love chocolate covered pretzels.

:toothy:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Those look so good Sara. I was wanting to make some to put in my gift bags. May I ask how you made them and are they hard? I wanted to do some with milk chocolate and then drizzle white choclate over them.
Marcia

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
yummy, those look sooooo good.:toothy:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did it the easy way. lol I melted nestle chips on the stove and dipped and put the sprinkles in a big ziploc and shook one pretzel rod at a time.

For Zachary's birthday, I had white chips too, but when I made the pretzels in the picture I was using leftover stuff.

I would love to make these where I dipped them in caramel and then hardened them in the fridge and then dip them into chocolate. yummy!

These are all hardened in the fridge and I keep them in the fridge. They taste better to me that way.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I've never had a chocolate covered pretzel rod....are they really good?? (as though you guys would've gone through this trouble if they weren't?!) I love pretzels - I love chocolate! How bad could it be?! I'm thinking I might just do this with the little girlies if it's a kid pleaser! Thanks for the idea (& the picture so I'll know if I'm doing it right!)

:)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I've done these with the candy coating chocolate (bark?) and they stayed hard even outside of the refridgerator.

And Debbie, can we assume yours will be rolled in M&M's instead of sprinkles? :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
AmyMCGS said:
...And Debbie, can we assume yours will be rolled in M&M's instead of sprinkles? :D
Uh ~ sprinkles? What's a sprinkle? If it's not an M&M I'm unfamiliar with it - sorry! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts