Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love making this stuff, it is so easy! My vitamin E cream was on clearance at Dollar General, $2.00 for 16oz. My coconut oil was purchased at Sam's, $15.00 for 56oz.

I emptied the 16oz of vitamin E cream into my mixing bowl, filled the empty vitamin E container with coconut oil then emptied that into the mixing bowl. I added some drops of tea tree oil and eucalyptus. You could add whatever you like or nothing. I turned my mixer on medium speed for about 20 minutes stopping only to scrape down the sides.

I store my cream in a glass jar I purchased at Walmart.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sounds just like what I would like! Do you add an equal amount of coconut oil or do you add the whole 56 oz. container? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I added equal amounts of vitamin E cream and coconut oil. Since I used 16oz. of vitamin E cream I used 16oz. of coconut oil.

If you have Shea Butter pearls or wafers you can melt them together with the coconut oil, I would use about 2oz to 16oz of coconut oil. Then whip that mixture with the vitamin E cream.

I have found vitamin E cream at Walmart, Target, and The Dollar General. I have found Shea Butter pearls and wafers online at Amazon and Mountain Rose Herbs. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts