Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Treasury Department will begin mailing checks for the advance payment of the increased Child Tax Credit on July 25, with most checks mailed by August 8. These will cover eligible taxpayers who filed their 2002 tax returns by April 15. As the IRS processes returns from taxpayers who filed after that date, it will schedule advance payments on a weekly basis. No checks will be sent after December. For the first three weeks, the checks will be sent according to the last two digits of the taxpayer's social security number:

00-33 -- mailed July 25
34-66 -- mailed August 1
67-99 -- mailed August 8

Eligible taxpayers whose returns were not processed in time for these initial mailing dates will have their checks sent out after the IRS processes their returns

·
Registered
604 Posts
Bummer!!!!!!!!!! Last batch!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
last batch here too...:(

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I'll be in the last batch. I will probably be in the first batch to have to pay higher taxes,though. With the war and the economy in shambles, I just know the Federal witholding is going up, up, up.:( :( :(

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am in the last batch too. I am excited to get it though. :hurray:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
We are in the last batch too. If we were going by my social it would be the first batch. Oh well, At least we are getting it.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
How come I dont know about this? I wonder if I am eligible if I got everything back I paid in...Please tell me yes. and how much are they?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I believe it is up to $400 per child.....

HORAYYY!!!! I have 3 under age 6, we ended up getting everything back last year so I am thinking I should be gettin the max on this!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I don't think we qualified since our income was below $25,000 last year. Trying to support a family of 5 with 3 teenaged sons on that is a real challenge I tell ya!:)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Mine was abelow that too, I hope I get one, I need it. Doesn't make sense the poorer you are the less you get!!!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The less you make the less you pay in so when cuts come the less you get back.

Pay in 1000 and a 10% cut is made you get 100.
Pay in 100 and a 10% cut is made you get 10.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I'm still unsure about all this.What's the income bracket that you get the $400/per child??

If we get anything,ours will be in the first batch. I'm not holding my breath just yet since I don't know if we qualify. We did mail our taxes before April 15th though.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
We're in the middle batch....Sure could use it right now...but don't forget...Your state may take out state taxes before you get your check...Ohio does!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Thanks for the links to the articles. It looks like we might qualify after all! If we do, we'll be in the first batch mailed out! Woohoo! We could really use it to help cover the costs of the new science program we are going to need for homeschooling the boys!:smball:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
According to the sites listed,We should receive a check.
I won't get excited over it until I actually get it LOL!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts