Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 C. Fabric Softener
2 C. Baking Soda
4 C. warm water

Mix and place in a spritzing bottle. Use just like you would the expensive
Febreeze from the store. If you want, you can use the unscented fabric softener and then add a few drops of essential oil to make it a scent that you prefer. I just use Snuggle.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!!!!!!! I have needed some and it so expensive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I am going to have to try that. I love to have febreeze around, but it is sooo expensive. Thanks for the tip.

Traci

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
thanks so much!! we can really use this! where did you find this recipe??:)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Thank you Sunshine, I was going to buy some today, but it was $4.99 for a small bottle!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been whining to some of my friends about my financial problems this month- and one of them sent it to me. I have no idea where she got it.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am so excited! I have wanted to buy Febreeze, but for how much you get it seemed quite expensive! I have had it before with a coupon. Thanks so much for the recipe!

·
Registered
281 Posts
:D :D :D :D

Thank you sooooooooooo much :) I am going to go and buy the stuff to make this tomorrow

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Cool! I'm interested to know how it works!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
What all can you use Febreeze for? I've seen it in the store but never looked close because of the price.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Sherri,you can use it to take away odors on most fabrics,like clothing,carpets,furniture etc.

Great recipe btw

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Thanks Amanda!
I'll be making some of this... sounds great! Thanks for sharing, sunshine!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Thanks Amanda, we have a new puppy so I am sure that this recipe will be coming in very handy.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
does the fabric softener leave any oily residue? i'm just concerned about little spots from the fabric softener.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not on anything I've tried it on- but most of my stuff is pretty wash/wear. No satins or anything like that.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I'm getting ready to mix up a batch now. :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I made some, splurged on the fabric softener and got Downey, Utltra April Fresh...... I made a batch and it works great for me.. Smells very good.... Thanks again Denise !!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
ok, just wanted to know before i tried it on the sofa. i guess i'll try it on the cushion that has a tear on it. i have a new cover to go on it so if it stains, it will get covered up anyway.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I love Febreeze and once I buy some liquid fabric softener, I'm going to try this one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts