Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come yet again, where I need to create a wish list. I have been told by MIL that it must be for me, not the house, not family, for me.

This is a challenge. There is nothing not house related that I want.

The only inkling of an interest would be the Sony 5" eReader. I have discovered I can download books from the library onto it. They will expire, not mine forever, but think of the gas i'd save! The late fees not due..... There are more and more all the time. Plus I get gift cards for book stores as gifts all the time....

But I don't know enough about it. Costco had the Libre but they pulled it due to it freezing all the time. The Kobo is pretty good, but more expensive than the Sony one right now. I don't want the 6" I dont' care for the screen.

Sooooo... what is the good the bad and ugly about it?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't know much about those e-readers, but could you tell your MIL that you really just want some gift cards--maybe to Target, Walmart or other such place where you can use the $$ for yourself OR something for your household?

Just a thought! Good luck coming up with the list!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she doesn't go for gift cards, she knows me well..lol.

Her and dh are wanting me to step out a little. They feel I give too much of myself.... So it needs to be something for me.

·
Registered
497 Posts
DBF got a Kindle from his parents last year for Christmas...and he LOVE LOVE LOVES it. If you read a lot its definitely worth it. There are tons of free books available to download as well and many more that are way cheaper than purchasing the book.

Reactions: Early Bird

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do read alot. 2 to 3 books a week most of the time. All this is done while waiting during activities...ringette, hockey, swimming, art..lol.

I know our library does ebooks, so there is a huge source of free. And as you said many others.

I'm not familiar with kindles. I have heard great things about the Sony's though. The 5" not the touch one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.