Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're having a really hard time finding sheets that will fit our beds over here. The ones made for our sizes of beds are always too small. So DH said I could get a sewing machine if I make sheets for the beds. I have a book back home that tells me how to do it but that doesn't help me here in Kuwait, so if any of you have directions for doing it I'd really appreciate it. I'd probably have to put a seam down the middle for our bed, but I figure a French seam or something like it would make it less of a bother for us to sleep on.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Maybe this might be of some help. Unless you can get really wide fabric, you would probably have to convert flat sheets to avoid the middle seam.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
what are the measurements of your bed?
It may not be 'pretty' but I know that muslin comes VERY wide and may be what you need. You can always use dye to 'fancy' them up as well as some ribbon strips etc for the top sheet.

http://www.sew-whats-new.com/projects/fitted-sheets.shtml

(Hope you have that sewing machine all picked out)

Luckily, DF and I both hate top sheets and I can get the fitted sheets fairly cheap ($5)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe this might be of some help. Unless you can get really wide fabric, you would probably have to convert flat sheets to avoid the middle seam.
I went to this link and it didn't connect. Thanks anyway though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts