Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sites do you use to make a few extra bucks each motnh doing surveys? The one I've been with forever is now mainly doing finish the survey and get an entry into the drawing. Not my idea of worth it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I do mysurvey.com, and pinecone, and that's about it right now. If you PM me your email I can send you a referral to mysurvey.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've been trying to think of extra ways to earn money at home. Maybe this would work for me. Do you get paid through giftcards or money?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
With mysurvey, it's a points system. Once you have 1000 points, you can get $10 cash. I believe they mail you a check. If you have more than 1000, you can get cash in increments of $5. So, $15, $20, $25, so on. You can also turn in your points for merchandise/prizes if you prefer. The points add up pretty quickly for me, I have gotten several great prizes just this year. I will gladly send anyone referrals, just PM me an email address!

Reactions: Samigirl

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Survey Saavy is my favorite. If anyone would like more info or a referral PM me.

T

·
0 Posts
I do a bunch of them. My strategy is to sign up for all the ones out there (outside of obvious scams) and see what I get. If I find that it's not worth my time, I resign. I think some places are more geared towards moms with kids, some more towards higher (or lower) income brackets, whatever.

I have good success with:
MySurvey
Viewpoint Forum
Synovate
ACOP
Lightspeed

I have ok sucess with:
Your2Cents
HarrisInteractive
Zoompanel
HTI

I don't do well with:
SurveySavvy
Testspin
SurveySpot
SurveySpree

I got kicked out of Pinecone (still don't know why) but they were the best.

I find a lot of sites have "drawings" for prizes, which I usually don't bother with unless I think it will lead to a product test. Most sites also have some kind of "points" system that you can cash in for prizes. I prefer ones that pay cash.

I also find that it's not a big money maker. My best year ever I made $215, although this year I'm up to $223 if I include the $60 crockpot and the $80 luggage I got (that I was able to eBay for $10).

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I do OpinionOutpost, MySurvey, and Pinecone.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I do Pinecone and Harris Poll. I also do Mypoints, and InboxDollars.

Cat

·
Registered
439 Posts
I did Pinecone, but I received more "household questions" and pre-surveys than I did real, paying surveys. Chalked it up to a waste of time. I'm not a big consumer/commercial junk buyer/whatever so they probably found me a little useless.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've never done a survey for money thing before. Since you don't really make that much money with it do you have to claim that on your taxes? I'm really interested to do something like this but I'm jsut curious how that works.

·
Registered
34 Posts
if you make over $600 a year, the survey company should send you something, so you can use the info with your taxes. if you make less than $600 a year with a company, they generally don't send anything

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pinecone Research

If anyone is interested I just located a LIVE link to pinecone research at mysurvey123.com

I signed up and hopefully will get a response soon.

Dawn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts