Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a SAHM and I babysit two other babies. I do it for extra money. Pretty soon they will be going to daycares. (I was watching them until there were openings at the DC that their mom's wanted them to go too) Any WAHM, what do you do and how did you stubble upon it? I am willing to look for more kids but I plan on getting pregnant again next yr and I don't want to tell someone I need at least 3 weeks to recover from a repeat C-section. Any Tips? Thank you.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
hmmm..... have you thought of becoming a sales rep? - as long as you have the self control, it could make a bit of extra $$.

or you could look for only p/t children to watch - this way, it's an understood that you can only do it for a limited time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can make money online if you know what you are doing. I had to take some online courses first, but has really paid off for me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not a sahm anymore (wish i still was) but I do have an extra job that I love. I sell Scentsy. I am an Independent Consultant and it earns me the extra that I need to make ends meet. There is a start up cost of $99.00 and you get everything you need to start selling. It is fun and rewarding. let me know if you would like more information.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I write online web content/SEO content through a couple of different companies. The pay varies from company to company.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not a sahm anymore (wish i still was) but I do have an extra job that I love. I sell Scentsy. I am an Independent Consultant and it earns me the extra that I need to make ends meet. There is a start up cost of $99.00 and you get everything you need to start selling. It is fun and rewarding. let me know if you would like more information.
Stephanie you sent me a PM and I cant respond to you do to not having enough posts. I sent you a message on Face book

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another way to deal with money is to get really good at saving by cutting your expenses. It takes some time but you'd be amazed at how much you can save by itemizing all of your bills and going through them one by one to see where you can cut.

I reduced my cable TV package and turned off my home phone (we all have cell phones) three months ago and have not found it to be a sacrifice at all. I also saved a bunch by using the same company to insure my house and my car.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Do you all find it harder than ever to trim expenses ?

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
About to be on maternity leave, I'm also looking for opportunities. I've been stalking the freelance writing gig boards, and have applied for a few, but not all are telecommuting. I couldn't get that telecommunityanswerlady link to open. :(

·
Registered
15,626 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Work From Home - Work at Home Jobs, Recipes & Articles For Moms - WAHM.com also has ideas for work at home stuff. I did a company called "West At Home" to earn some money here and there. Basically you take the calls and enter the info for "as seen on tv" "it slices, it dices, it jullienne fries" " and if you order now you'll get not one but three" offers from infomercials. They train you (paid) and you agree to work 30 minute blocks of time to take inbound calls for the company. It paid alright, and I was able to do it from home at hours I could do. You could do thirty minutes in the morning, an hour in the afternoon and another hour after dinneir you wanted. However you wanted.

Reactions: jessbernier

·
Registered
687 Posts
Some people probably wouldnt mind the three weeks that you would need to recover from your repeat c-section. Especially if they like you, like how you care for their kids etc.

Just out of curiosity tho, is there a reason that you will be having a repeat c-section?

Reactions: QM

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Some people probably wouldnt mind the three weeks that you would need to recover from your repeat c-section. Especially if they like you, like how you care for their kids etc.

Just out of curiosity tho, is there a reason that you will be having a repeat c-section?

I noticed the original post was from 2007. I'm always curious about a repeat C also as I did VBAC without a hitch

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I noticed the original post was from 2007. I'm always curious about a repeat C also as I did VBAC without a hitch
I had to do repeats because I don't dialate. I have a fused pelvis. Part of a long list of problems from a birth defect I was blessed with. :) Probably not the answer that the other poster would have. But thought I would throw that in there. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
My husband currently is in insurance sales... he doesn't do anything with Aflac, but it is a very similar thing with the products he can sell. I would say just from experience, that is not really the route to go as a SAHM. It is more than a full-time job, and can be super-stressful to stay on top of all insurance licensing, the changing government regulations, etc... I actually have my insurance license as well, and do not do anything with it! haha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts