Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
27 October 2010. Making Juice. 27 October 2010 Making Juice

Pictures depict making juice from produce that is readily available. The produce used varies with the Season, but melon and pineapple are available in my area all year around, and is always used. The end product, stored in the refrigerator, is about a seven to ten day quantity for one person. It does not oxidize or change much over ten days, stored in the sealed containers. The consistency is such that drinking is possible. This can be modified by adding water as required. The mixture is blended twice after mixing in a large pot to keep the mixture homogeneous.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Funny you should bring this up. I was just debating about freezing juice concentrates in my freezer in plastic bags to add water to later. maybe sugar too depending on juice?
I was still percolating in my mind what kinds would be doable based on what we like. Obviously,I am starting late,but thats a long story about a freezer and teens and a sprung door.
I was thinking about watermelon juice because DebC has posted a watermelon jelly recipe. I could definately do carrot but prob. wouldn't drink it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you should bring this up. I was just debating about freezing juice concentrates in my freezer in plastic bags to add water to later. maybe sugar too depending on juice?
I was still percolating in my mind what kinds would be doable based on what we like. Obviously,I am starting late,but thats a long story about a freezer and teens and a sprung door.
I was thinking about watermelon juice because DebC has posted a watermelon jelly recipe. I could definately do carrot but prob. wouldn't drink it.
The juice not necessarily to drink per se, but to ingest for its nutrient value. Liking and added sugar are not even considered.

I have separate blackberry juice, grape juice, watermelon juice, tomato juice, elderberry juice, sweet pepper juice,which I use as the liquid for the raw product depicted.

Examples.

14 August 2010 Making Blackberry Juice 14 August 2010 Making Blackberry Juice

14 August 2010 Tomato Juice 14 August 2010 Tomato Juice

12 August 2010 Elderberry Juice 12 August 2010 Elderberry Juice

11 September 2010 Concord Grape 11 September 2010 Concord Grape

1 - 3 of 3 Posts