Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,681 Posts
I've recently given up the idea of making feed bags into shopping bags for sale. That plastic is not very pleasant to work with, but the real killer is the time it takes to clean the dang things up. I can't wash them in the washer and washing them by hand takes too long. I won't make them up without washing them because the dust and crumbs would all end up in my machine and then any profits I might make on the bags would go into servicing the machine. I figured I'd be lucky to sell them for about $6 and at that, I would probably not be making minimum wage doing it. Not worth it to me. It's one of those ideas I really want to like, but every time I try to deal with them, I just can't like them. The noise alone drives me crazy with those things.

I still have canvas inventory from when I had my shop, and I'm going to make those up to sell instead. They're far superior to the plastic feed bags or the tee shirt bags and last forever. I can sell them for $8 each and make four per hour. That was my going rate back when I was selling them to various local businesses, and I know I will make back my investment in the materials and still have a decent wage for my labor. That works better for me.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts