Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mentioned the ChemoAngels (www.chemoangels.com) group that I belong to many times on here. Listen to what happened this week:

A while back ChemoAngels created a cookbook as a fundraiser- they sell them for $10 each. They found out that one member was buying the ChemoAngel cookbooks in bulk, reselling them for $20, and KEEPING the $10 in profit herself!! Her excuse? She thought that since ChemoAngels is now a non-profit group, they must be getting lots of money from grants now. She apparently saw nothing wrong with what she was doing, even after the group founder confronted her.

Can you believe that?? :mad: The nerve of some people....

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That's horrible! You'd think that she would have had a clue that it was wrong to do this.:mad:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Isn't that fraud. If she told people that the money they were spending was going to Chemo Angels and in reality she was keeping 1/2 of it for herself that seems like it would be fraud. I hope she was punished. That makes me so angy that anyone would be so low that they would take money from a charity, I know now why they had the tar and feathers in the old days:mad: .

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Katybird said:
Isn't that fraud. If she told people that the money they were spending was going to Chemo Angels and in reality she was keeping 1/2 of it for herself that seems like it would be fraud. I hope she was punished. That makes me so angy that anyone would be so low that they would take money from a charity, I know now why they had the tar and feathers in the old days:mad: .
Well said Kathy! :clap:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That's awful !!!!!!! Tar and feathers would be good !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts