Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever made wax tarts? The kind you put in the candle warmers... I am thinking of making them but I just want to make sure of the process, there has got to be more to the process than melting wax and adding oils...

Also, can I just add a few drops of essential oils to my candle warmers or does it have to be in the wax? I am thinking the warmer gets too hot just for oil....

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Yes, tarts are just wax and oil.

If you have a burner with a little shallow dish on top, it's just tarts. Don't put anything else in it.

If you have one that has a cup on top that is about 3" deep you can put water in it, and then either potpourri or a few drops of oil.

If your warmer is a flat plate that you set a jar candle on, do not put oil on the plate. You can use an empty candle jar with water, as above.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, thanks :) I knew all that, I have been using electric tart warmers for years, I just want to make my own tarts now so I wanted to know if there was anything more to it other than melt wax, add oil, pour in to molds. Like does the wax have to be a certain temp or how much oil do I add, etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts