1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have seen this coming for a long time. The Mall here in the closest city has been closing shops for a couple of years. It is at least 1/3 unoccupied. Malls have never been my thing and they have long been to expensive for many careful consumers. I can see a movie in the mall for $9.00 or go down the block and see the same movie for $4.75....... In truth many or even most of the shops now in the mall will not survive as a free standing store. They will be put out of business by mass retailers such as Wal-mart and Meijer.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Many of the malls have disappeared here as well and they've gone to box office stores. Although I never liked malls, one thing I did like was going into one and not having to worry about the extreme cold weather until I was done shopping. With the new type stores we now have, after going into each store, you have to come outside into the extreme cold and either walk or find a new parking lot. Summer is fine, but when you have temperatures in the low -40's and windchill factors of -50, you don't like having to go in and out, in and out!!!

Walmart actually started building the new stores here and everyone had to follow!!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I am in MN so I will have my Mall of America for quite a while I am guessing.

We have one of those "inside out" malls and I hate it cuz if I want to go to 2 or 3 stores unless they are right next to each other (which rarley if ever happens) I have to get in my car and drive over to the next parking lot. Even if I wanted to walk you can't because there are no side walks or anything, unless, again, it is a store right next to each other.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I also hate malls,I guess it is the frugal nature in those of us that makes us hate them. I do like them for woindwo shopping and dreaming but that is about it. I do shop at J.C. Penneys or Sears at the end of Season sales and get some great bragains, and you have to go to the mall for that, but that is my limit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I hate malls! We have an outlet mall here, Great Mall of Milpitas. Even in these so called discount outlet stores that are in the mall everythings over priced. If I happen to be there with someone and see something I like I write it down and pick it up at Walmart later for about 1/2 the price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts