Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yippee: not sure if this is the proper thread...I cleaned out DD old bedroom to clear out clutter, and found a nice bracelet....(she never missed it and she had a lot of stuff!) Wide silver, ornate, cuff style , with some stones glued onto it. One greenish stone was missing. It is not an expensive bracelet, just pretty. My first thought was toss it, or go to a craft store to get a stone to re-glue. Then I mulled it over, thought about the FV way, and went thru my craft box with misc supplies. I figured I had to have SOMETHING in the house that would do...so then I spied my dried flower arrangement with green pebbles in the glass vase ( the kind used in fish tanks!). I dumped the vase out and spent 15 minutes trying to find one the right size and shape!! I glued it on the bracelet with super-glue. The green stone was not the same color as the one on the bracelet....so...I got out my craft paints & mixed some gold & green paint & got a nice color and painted all the stones so they match. Looks like new, got a bunch of compliments on it this week too....so a little creativity can go a long way!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's awesome, glad you found a replacement stone for the bracelet :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts