Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Probably bread, cupcakes, and cookies. Who knows. Today my son took my pan, a wooden spoon, and put his crayons in it, mixing them around saying..."a little cocoa powder and a little sugar. " Heh, must be a hint.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably bread, cupcakes, and cookies. Who knows. Today my son took my pan, a wooden spoon, and put his crayons in it, mixing them around saying..."a little cocoa powder and a little sugar. " Heh, must be a hint.
Heh..........it tells me that you TALK TO YOURSELF while baking........and he heard you! :laugh:

I SCORED two hardback books..........Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Annual Recipes (1999 and 2000) from the library last week. I mark the recipes with a tiny piece of post it...........I have so many stickers in the one I have read that I will NEVER get them all done.

They even have a bread machine section.........love them!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I want to bake some cookies,banana nut muffins,maby peach cobbler or cake.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Not sure. I really like to bake, but I don't need any confections around; my sister is trying to lose weight; and my mother informs me that, after two solid months of eating basically nothing but holiday candy, she is now officially "pre-diabetic," so I might just have to make my office mates a little fatter. :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I was going through some of my recipes tonight and it's on my list to make low fat brownies and low fat blueberry muffins. I hear ya, Madhen!

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Not sure about this month. I do have some frozen shredded zuchinni to use up...maybe zuchinni bread. Oh, also need a cake for DFIL for his birthday on the 9th. :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm going to make Banana Nut Muffins tomorrow :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure. I really like to bake, but I don't need any confections around; so I might just have to make my office mates a little fatter. :)
Me too MH!

I have to line up VICTIMS b/4 I bake so I can be sure and get rid of part of it..............but my VICTIMS don't want any more...........they said I was making them gain weight!!! :thud:

Got mad at my mailman.......so crossed him off.....no milkman here.........
....I'M STUMPED!!!! ???sell it on a corner???

·
Registered
955 Posts
I think I'll probably bake some muffins and stick them in the freezer to use in my lunch box. :)

I'm making a peach cobbler this weekend with the home canned peaches I put up last summer. Oh. My. Gosh. They are so awesome.. I am SOOO doing that again this year, even though it seemed like a lot of work! ;)

I guess it's not baking, but I'm planning to do some canning with a friend this weekend as well.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I made the banana,oatmeal,nut muffins yesterday have already ate 4 put 14 in freezer today they were so good.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'll be baking lots - chicken & ham pie, cheese & bacon pancake bake, rock cakes, cookies and some pasties. My new thing for March though, will be some little whoopie pies, sandwiched with fresh cream and some stewed rhubarb (MiL gave me the first stick from her rhubarb plant, and I've a mind to try this. :) )

KB xx

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Made some low fat applesauce muffins. They were good but I should have thrown a little raisins in them. Froze most of them.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I've been thinking of trying to make some scones. I've never made them. I have some dried cherries I could put in them. Perhaps tomorrow.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm doing the March freezer/pantry challenge, and I'd like to join the baking challenge as well because I really need to use up the flour, blueberries, pumpkin, raisins, and coconut.

Would love to have some muffins or quick bread for breakfasts and snacks. I have done no scratch baking for months because most weeks at work are 40+ hours and I don't feel I have time, but it really takes so little time to whip up a batch of muffins.

Blueberry-lemon muffins and pumpkin-raisin bread sound really good right now, so I will look for some recipes and try to do some baking next weekend.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hubby asked for chocolate chip cookies, so I made that instead of peach cobbler this weekend. Put the bananas in the freezer to make muffins later.

I have a yummy recipe for pumpkin muffins.

Really fast and easy and tasty. They were moist and delicious, nicely spiced, though I did increase the spices a bit (can't remember how much, probably doubled the cinnamon and upped the nutmeg a smidge - I use fresh grated - and might have throw in some ground allspice and a teeny bit of cloves as well), just cause I like things spicy.

I substituted chopped walnuts for the golden raisins as I didn't have any raisins on hand. They were great split and spread with a little butter.

The recipe is from Country Living's Country Mornings Cookbook. Lots of good recipes in that one - all breakfast. I found a copy of the recipe online:

Spicy Pumpkin Muffins - Pumpkin Recipes - Country Living

Spicy Pumpkin Muffins

Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total time 30 minutes

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cup(s) flour
6 tablespoon(s) sugar
1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
1/2 teaspoon(s) (ground) cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon(s) (ground) nutmeg
1/2 cup(s) golden raisins
1/4 cup(s) (.5 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup(s) (canned) pumpkin puree
1/2 cup(s) milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously grease 12 muffin cups. In a large bowl, with a fork, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the raisins.

In a 1-quart saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Stir in the pumpkin, milk and egg. Stir the liquid into the flour mixture until just moistened; the batter will be lumpy. Divide the batter among the greased cups.

Bake the muffins 15 to 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove muffins from cups; serve warm.

Reactions: Palooka
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.