Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I didn't complete the Feb. challenge I am in a real hurry to start a new month. :laugh:

What are we going to do this month?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Up to you FF! Bring it on!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Yep ff, you decide. :D

I'm clueless.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:yikes: IT'S BEYOND ME!!!

Where's peanut....she always has an idea......or ???

If I pick, it will be bread.........of any kind. (can you tell what my first love is???) :laugh:

Although I AM baking a cake tomorrow........only because I have a VICTIM coming over on Wed. ....then I can give part of it away!!

Can't recall what we did in past months.......:smhelp:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Well I did Feb.'s but I don't remeber if I posted it .... :scratch: ....guess it really doesn't matter though.

I'm in for March. Bread sounds fine to me. I'm an Italian carboholic I'm afraid :couch:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I'll do bread or cake. :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay-----then BREAD IT IS.

Any kind........the dessert kind........the yummy 'pig out and eat it all; warm with butter' kind or whatever!!!

I DON'T DO rolled dough.......so mine will be bread machine kind.

But also want to give another shot to a choc. zuc. recipe I have.

But it is cake with lemon pudding today.........have to get it done so can pass it on to a VICTIM tomorrow!!!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I so want a bread machine!! I would make bread more often.

Mine will probably be my favorite banana bread recipe or pumpkin. Something like that. :)

Yum chocolate zucinni bread. Yum.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I so want a bread machine!! I would make bread more often.
WOW- P -have you checked at your thrift shops?

I see them at ours all the time. The 'kicker' is that they often won't have the instruction book......but they aren't that hard to operate.
Just saw one the other day, also an ice cream machine......and I was tempted but took a pass. Not that big of ice cream eater - just thought it would be fun to have HM ice cream.

Gotta say........I DO love my bread machine!! My WAIST doesn't----but the taste buds do!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I'm in!! I'm thinking of zuc bread myself but I need to google it first before I make my official decision.

I did bake banana bread & cookies for the Valentine's less for the Feb challenge but never posted the pics :( But I do know those will be recipes I'll make over and over again - I made them more then twice with requests for more! :D

ETA - I'm SOOO in for zuc bread - I found a 100% whole wheat flour only recipe! :D *does happy dance*

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I'll be trying to hunt up a new recipe for bread or maybe I'll try and tweak my Easter bread recipe in a practice run before Easter.

....I think I may hunt the web to see if I can find a copycat recipe for the bushmans bread from Outback. We haven't been there in years and years but I remember the bread :lol3:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
WOW- P -have you checked at your thrift shops?

I see them at ours all the time. The 'kicker' is that they often won't have the instruction book......but they aren't that hard to operate.
Just saw one the other day, also an ice cream machine......and I was tempted but took a pass. Not that big of ice cream eater - just thought it would be fun to have HM ice cream.

Gotta say........I DO love my bread machine!! My WAIST doesn't----but the taste buds do!!! :laugh:
I have never seen a bread machine at a thrift store ever. I should really keep an eye out but I really want a brand spanking new one. :)

I had one years ago and used it a lot.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I'll be trying to hunt up a new recipe for bread or maybe I'll try and tweak my Easter bread recipe in a practice run before Easter.

....I think I may hunt the web to see if I can find a copycat recipe for the bushmans bread from Outback. We haven't been there in years and years but I remember the bread :lol3:
Outback Steakhouse? I think all the Canadian locations closed recently...is the Bushmans bread a garlic bread?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'd like to try that chocolate zucchini recipe...that sounds yummy!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I see bread machines at thrift stores all the time and usually they are missing the piece inside that mixes the dough! and usually they are missing the manual. Might be able to find them on the Internet and download and print!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I'm in for a bread this month. I'm just not sure if it will be sweet or savory.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I got my smaller breadmachine at the goodwill only thing missing was the manual..i just plugged it in while i was there to ensure it got hot, then came home googled the manual and gots tons of recipes. I love it! it was $5.29 i think.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have never seen a bread machine at a thrift store ever. I should really keep an eye out but I really want a brand spanking new one. :)

I had one years ago and used it a lot.
Thought of you today when I saw two of them at a TS that I was at-----had the 'stir part' but didn't plug it in, no manual.......one was a Welbilt brand - $10. Can't rem. the other brand. This wasn't the best TS for prices. Value Village---and for the most part --their prices suck!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This one looks good but I think I would use raisins instead of the nuts.

Delicious Pumpkin Bread - All Recipes
That does look good palooka. I like that website too but my favorite is still recipezaar. I can spend HOURS just cruising through the recipes. :whistle:

Wouldn't ya know...........we declared bread BEFORE I found the Mrs. Field's Cookie book at the thrift shop........:thud: OH...there are some good sounding recipes in there!

Got rid of over half my cake to my 'victim' so I can bake again soon. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts