Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
February went well for me, even though I nearly went over on the grocery challenge.

I'm in for $400 again. (includes pet, household, hba etc)

What is everyone else in for?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Im in for 400 and that includes pet supplies and gas for my car. Thsi month is strickly cash so I cant loose count. I lost track two months in a row and Im getting upset with myself.[/I]

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I am in again for 200.00 - That means EVERYTHING

diapers
formula
meat
prduce
hba
EVERYTHING

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Feb was great! March I will be buying items for my families Easter dinner so it will be a bit more spent. I am in for 450.00 for March. Including an Easter ham and all the fixins!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I went over by about $20 this month, which isn't too bad considering. It was still under what I was any month last year.

I am going to shoot for $400 this month for everything - baby, pet and household included. I might actually have to buy diapers for the first time for DS (5 mos old). And, DS is being baptised this month so will have to buy food for that gathering.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm sticking to my $200 a month budget for groceries again this month. This number really seems to be working out.

·
Registered
580 Posts
For the first time, EVER, I'll be in for a grocery budget. I was thinking about $250, including groceries and baby needs (formula :(), as well as eating out. DH has to buy his own beer, that stuff is too expensive for my little budget :LOL:. I'm trying to cook up as much up front and freeze it and buy some inexpensive frozen meals we love. Can't wait to strech the dollar this month!! :bolt:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm in this month.
It has been 3 months since I done this challenge.

I'm in for $150 (Inlcudes food for 2 adults, households & baby products too)
I already got enough formulas to last me a little over a month, so don't have to buy those. But in April, I might have to spend more.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm trying for

$300 but we'll have to see. I think I have as good a chance as ever, and I'm more motivated than I have been in a while.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am going to go again for $200.00, but I have a different strategy. I am going bi- weekly, not monthly.I will have my first shop for March tomorrow as we are low on everything.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Blew it for February but not as badly as I did in December and January. Getting closer so I am taking it as a good sign and sticking with the same goal - $325

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I'm sticking to my $400 a month budget, even though I've been under for the past 2 months. The price of milk has gone up, and I don't have any left, and I wouldn't be surprised if the stores put the price of everything up because of the gas shortage.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm in for another try at $400 for everything :toast:
Last month was a mess, DH down fall are the convience stores, nothing for him to get coffee and donuts, lunch and other stuff, and two many treats for the kids!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am in for $250. I have been budgeting for $100 a week or $400. I know I can get it lower this month. If I do good on the $250, I will go even lower for April.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I haven't done this challenge in a while....cause I always blow it. It's like being on a diet-once I go over a little, I figure I might as well go all the way because I already blew it. I am summoning all of my willpower for this challenge.
I am going to do this for March...$300 for the month.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts