Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is glued to their TV watching March Madness?.....or has the onset of spring sent you all outside?

Enjoying the games and the upsets this year - always have favored the underdogs!!

Who are you rooting for?

Don't forget that the womens' section starts today too!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
YES!! Been glued for some games...........and for some that I wasn't planning on watching.........YEOW!!!

Some really good games!

The WA. Huskies gave me a good surprise. And I was a little worried about Gonzaga.........but they pulled it off. Will see what they can do tomorrow. They don't have very many veterans. The Zag females played tonight and haven't heard what they did. The Zag's seem to CHOKE...........both the females and males!! I'm still rooting for them!!

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cannot believe how many underdogs are pulling through - always makes it more interesting!! Didn't hear how any of the womens' teams did - will have to check!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
The Zags play tomorrow around noon...........you can bet I won't be on here!!!

Gees.......hope they don't choke!!

Have seen some really good ball playing this year..........yes, love the upsets too. It is great when the little 'underdogs' make it..........or someone that hasn't won anything since early 90's or so and they get to continue!!

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shall be cheering Gonzaga on also - it's one of the schools DD was accepted for undergrad and grad,...there must be something there that keeps drawing her back!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I shall be cheering Gonzaga on also - it's one of the schools DD was accepted for undergrad and grad,...there must be something there that keeps drawing her back!!
Welllllllll---our cheering didn't help MM!!

They didn't choke........THEY DIDN'T EVEN PLAY!!! Lousy game!

we were bulldozed in buffalo!!!

Whew......bet coach Few has some words for them......though he is a pretty mellow coach........as coaches go.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was sad - but it does happen to the best of us!!

On to the next world to conquer!!

Need to catch up on the womens' games too!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
That was sad - but it does happen to the best of us!!

On to the next world to conquer!!

Need to catch up on the womens' games too!!
The Zags women won their game last night against N Car. I think it was...........

Not sure when they play again........probably tomorrow.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mahalo - as soon as I get more done on my portfolio, I'll check things out!!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Too bad MU lost. Oh well...

Dh was glued to the tv all day.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will be interesting to see what happens in St. Louis!! I managed to tear myself away to go to the pool and visit friends. Saturday was my total glued to the tv day!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Well Butler (dh's alma mater) and Purdue (Chris Kramer is from my hometown) made it through. I think they'll both be beat next game but it's sweet while it lasts. I'm thrilled for Cornell too. Brains and brawn.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brains and brawn!!

Well Butler (dh's alma mater) and Purdue (Chris Kramer is from my hometown) made it through. I think they'll both be beat next game but it's sweet while it lasts. I'm thrilled for Cornell too. Brains and brawn.
Totally agree!! The one thing that makes me happy during these crazy days is that the games are good ones!! ......and there sure have been a lot of good games so far!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Missed the games today..........have got to get back on track.

Yes, MM --there have been some EXCELLENT games..........even when I didn't have a preference I still watched.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me too FF. Watched part of one of the womens' games today - they are amazing athletes!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
MauiMagic - Thank you for starting this thread - Yes! I'm watching it and I'm rooting for the underdogs as well.

Funny comment about Gonzaga - Have you been there? I happened to drive by that campus shortly after they won. It's a very mis-matched campusacross the street is the gymnasium. I loved that they won!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Funny comment about Gonzaga - Have you been there? I happened to drive by that campus shortly after they won. It's a very mis-matched campusacross the street is the gymnasium. I loved that they won!
Thanks jerryg..........I love it too. I LIVE THERE! Everyone here loves their 'zags'........sorry the girls lost so early but they still set a school record. They guys have made it every year for awhile........their coach is amazing but the girls just couldn't do it......until this year!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Guess I'm going to have to root for Butler.........my teams all got bounced out......

Just hope the games are good ones!
Well, Butler is our team. I'm so not used to being able to have anyone to root for. I don't think they'll win but what a run. And dh and ds can wear their jackets/shirts with pride.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live about 30 miles from Indy and although no one in my family went to Butler we would love to see them win. Even if they don't go any farther what a story to see. With the school being so small, the team is so different in that many of the players are from Indiana rather than somewhere else. I love the attitude of the coach not to mention he is the youngest coach to get to the final 4. Good Luck Boys!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts