3/3

Sat
vacuum
shovel snow off deck
load of laundry

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
2/3 today... didn't wash the chicken. Forecast says it may snow here early Monday morning, which means more time spent INSIDE the coop for her, and lots of mud OUTSIDE the coop... so I think I'll wait a few days. Maybe I'll fill up a pan with sand and put it in the coop for them while they ride out the bad weather... or it could be a non-event... anyway, still have a dirty chicken...

But, +1, we got the taxes done! Our refund should be enough to finish out the 6-months-expenses emergency fund and still have enough to buy the materials for the back fence.

Tomorrow:
- clean out the fridge (it's crazy in there!)
- organize the Tupperware (can you say "avalanche"????)
- work on a budget with hubs (now that we aren't putting everything to the EF, and now that my retired pay has started coming in)
- weather permitting, yardwork

·
Registered
415 Posts
0/3 had a bad day pain-wise, so I did nothing but sit around. Hoping tomorrow will be better, even with the bad weather. Tomorrow:
1. Laundry...I have nothing to wear.
2. Plan menu for the week.
3. try a hat pattern with the furry yarn.

I hate having Fibromyalgia!

Jen

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Jen, hope you are feeling better!

pinetree, is your kitty still doing okay?

I got lots done the past 2 days. Some stuff cleaned, some stuff organized, some stuff given away. I think it's the warm and pretty weather we have had----very conducive to being busy and productive.

For Sunday:

1) Menu planning
2) Begin working in DS's empty room to set up a guest area and a work area (for us to do projects in)----it's the bonus room over the garage so it's a big space. Today we plan on moving in the twin beds that DS used to use. Right now they are stored in the basement. Also a dresser for more storage space for DH
3) Look up the availability of some books on our local library website

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3/3, does it count that there is a load in the washer? Ok, 2.5

Sunday
make a cinnamon roll cake, yum
make 2 pies
check paper for sales and coupons
taking it easy today, woke up with a migraine, ugh...

ilovechocolate, thanks for asking about pea, she is on two different pills, (yea, try giving a pill and a capsule to a cat!, these vets dont think sometimes, lol) she will be done with them today, then we have to wait a week and have her blood checked again. This other vet said her kidney infection was so bad that it damaged them. We need to get rid of the infection before they can tell how much damage. She seems to be doing better, shes playing and being a little trouble maker, shes always into something! But also she didnt act that much different when she was so sick. Sweet Pea is a tough little girl. Praying she will be ok.

Zhoen, Congratulations on the job!! Hope you learn alot and pass it on to us!! I could use some good learning! Sounds like a good, fun job to have! Wonder how much to ship all those plants you dont want to me!! lol lets see I could use some.........

Jen, hope you feel better soon!

Piney, hope you are feeling better too!

RABBIT, thats been happening to me too, or my hugs, wtg are gone.

·
19,119 Posts
Aloha - have often wondered where those missing posts go - hate it when that happens.

Rainy day here and I am continuing on with decluttering. Yesterday way a general everything - today will be task specific

Put the clothes I did not get hung up back in the dryer to shake out the wrinkles - then hang them up immediately

Make sure I have all current paperwork in one spot to attack on Monday

Clear off bed

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Pinetree thanks I am felling better.Think I will get back to trying to do 3 things a day.
3/3 list
1-rotate and up date pantry list
2-sweep and mop floors
3-Finish up grocery list

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Well, weather yesterday was no cooperative, but I got 3/3 on my other tasks-- fridge is beautiful inside and well-stocked for our current shut-in situation. I organized the Tupperware, got Hubs to work out a new budget (will still need tweaking as we go forward, but his expenses and my income have changed, so we needed to do new numbers,) and paid the bills. Also, I used the last of the refried beans from the freezer the other day, so I made up a bunch of new ones yesterday, which definitely helped with the overcrowded Tupperware situation (filled up six containers and put 'em back in the freezer!) And while I was in the freezer, I went ahead and threw out some things that weren't dated and had been in there for a long time. I'm trying to get the kids to plan and cook dinners on the weekends (with help and supervision, of course) and DD10 made a baked chicken last night.

Today it is snowing and school is cancelled, so everyone is plugged into different electronics to keep them from each other's throats. ;) DD6 is watching way-too-much TV, DD10 is playing Sims on one of the laptops. Hubs is SUPPOSED to be doing schoolwork, but I bet if I went down there, I'd find him with the tv going...

I've got bean soup on the stove-top for lunch, and baked beans in the crockpot that we will probably have with hot dogs for dinner... and while that sounds like a lot of beans (because it *IS*,) I'm not done yet! Tomorrow I need to cook and freeze kidney beans, for when I feel like making chili, black beans for whenever, and then eventually garbanzo beans. So that's my life for the next few days, snow and beans! ;)

And cookies, and cocoa, I'm sure.

My goals for today are:
- keep the peace
- keep the bird bath liquid (the falling snow is making this harder, since slush forms faster than ice...)
- do the mending I never got to before
- try to get some laundry sorted--Hubs has been "helping" and that means "putting it through the machines and then dumping is wherever," so my house is essentially carpeted in "clean" laundry right now... ergh.
- And I'll probably need to get out of my pajamas sometime soon...

Pinetree-- after speaking with the second manager the other day, so far I've learned that there are 8 "true blue" flowers in America (meaning they have no violet,) I'm not a big enough plant snob to care if my blues are true or not. He also told me that if I gave my irises "mushroom compost" that it would make them grow "huge like Alice in Wonderland," and he thinks the leftover stuff from my mushroom kit (Hubs always buys us one for Christmas) should work just the same... so that's something I'm planning to experiment with. Also, he says if you shop at Walmart for produce and you see one with a 9-digit code instead of the usual 4-digit, that indicates it's a GMO. I haven't had a chance to go out and investigate that yet.

So that's what I've learned so far, and haven't even started work yet. :)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
3/3 yippee!!

Monday
laundry
vacuum cat hair off chair
clean stove top
find stuff to start sedlings

Z -Thanks for the info, I dont have mushrooms, but use sheep and peat..? I am aware of the gmo, I make sure all my seeds and plants are non gmo, plus I watch my fruut and veggies. We Picked up our seeds yesterday, so am going to start seedlings, cabbage, brocolli, etc, for early starts. Outside is still mud, Dh was going to stsrt working it, but, I think the frost is a couple inches down.

True blue? What color is that? I have blue pansies, crocus, iris, blue bells, something that came up out of the wildflower mix, I didn't know there was a "real blue" so what is it? light , dark?

So glad to hear everyone is feeling better, stinkbug, enjoy your company!

I have a olan to start doing one thing a day, to get my spring cleaning done, without killing myself, or trying to do it in one day. Ha ha ha lol,,,, sounded good didn't it? No, really I am going to try do do one thing, a day, we will see how it goes, I have told you so now I must be accountable.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Pinetree thanks I am felling better.Think I will get back to trying to do 3 things a day.
3/3 list
1-rotate and up date pantry list
2-sweep and mop floors
3-Finish up grocery list
3/3 done today

Tuesday list
1-laundry if I can get to laundry mat
2-Vaccum floors
3-clean off the table by my chair

1 - 20 of 172 Posts