Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Ok I have a question.
How high do you fill the jar with the parafin oil? I realise you have to have the wick in it but how deep? Does the tail portion of the wick need to be completely immersed or only 1"?

BTW - Love your new avatars!

Thanks,

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
mema2dandk, I made the snow globe type one and used hot glue, within 2 days everything was floating. Guess the glue didn't like the oil.

Lori, I found the wick holders and wicks here locally and you're right they are expensive. I paid $12.99 ($14.09 with tax ours is 8 1/2 %!) for 6 of them!

·
Registered
16,011 Posts

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Ladies, I did a "snow globe" type one, and after 2 days everything was floating. I also noticed, I had to trim the wick every day. So I fished everything out except my painted rocks (to look like mounds of snow) and filled with green potpourri, it looks much better and the potpourri anchors and hides the wick so it burns much better.

I put white lace around the jar lid, and with the white rocks on the bottom the potpourri is sandwiched between white. It looks very pretty.

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Lori, what is mylor shread? I have never heard of it.

BTW - Thanks for the great ideas on what to put in them. I'm too pooped from cleaning yesterday, so today is craft day!

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Thanks Heaven, I have a Ben Franklin's 5 miles from me. I never thought to look there. I'll let you know if I find them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.