Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Ohhhh wait till you see my Mason Jar Oil Lamp!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I can't wait Sherry !!!!!! Let us see !!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,227 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Where do you find extra glass wick holders and fiberglass wick? I have searched our Walmart and Hobby lobby and am not having much luck?? Any ideas??

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
358 Posts
ok dumb question 101. what are the glass things for? and how do they stay whereever you put them? is the oil easy to find?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
The glass things are what the wick threads through... you drill a hole in the lid so it fits in snuggly.
I found the oil at Jo-Anns... I imagine even WalMart or any store would have it. It was with the oil lamps... $2.99. Was enough for 2 jar lamps.

The glass tubes and wicks are another story. I have tried WalMart, Jo-Anns, and Michaels. No one has them. A lady at Michaels said to try Wicks N Sticks or another candle store.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have the wicks and holders ............
I have only ever found them on the internet and I had to buy them by the hundreds to get a desent price.... They can be as high as $2.50 to $3.00 each.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
ok ladies, here is another question. i have about 99 ideas on what to fill these with. can any one think of a way to secure items to teh bottom of the jars? i love the snow globe look. please let me know asap.

TIA

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Yep... Just the oil. :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
mema2dandk, I made the snow globe type one and used hot glue, within 2 days everything was floating. Guess the glue didn't like the oil.

Lori, I found the wick holders and wicks here locally and you're right they are expensive. I paid $12.99 ($14.09 with tax ours is 8 1/2 %!) for 6 of them!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I've yet to find them here. If I ever find them and they cost that much I won't be making too many more. LOL

·
Registered
15,917 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Thanks Diana. :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
You can use E-6000 epoxy or silicone, but do not shake them like a snow globe.......

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Actually Diana, that's as cheap as I've ever seen them...(Unless you buy them by the hundreds)...... I just can't find the shipping costs.......

BTW... Mine are cheaper and postage included......

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
captclearance said:
I have the Fiberglass wick,(4 inches) & glass wick holders, will trade for 5-.37c postage stamps...includes shipping..... Or will consider trades.....
PM me........
Lori, do you still have thes for sale/trade? I am jumping on the bandwagon and making one of these :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I have made mind (no photos though). I have fabric inside and some with it on the outside, i did poppuri(SP way off) let me see what else did i do with them, oh my gosh the ideas are endless, one i put little red and green bears in and i did appleslices too. they all look so cute. they are the greatest things. I love them. I also have the directions printed for them ready to go.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Ladies, I did a "snow globe" type one, and after 2 days everything was floating. I also noticed, I had to trim the wick every day. So I fished everything out except my painted rocks (to look like mounds of snow) and filled with green potpourri, it looks much better and the potpourri anchors and hides the wick so it burns much better.

I put white lace around the jar lid, and with the white rocks on the bottom the potpourri is sandwiched between white. It looks very pretty.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.