Frugal Village Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Carolyn,
It's the kind you use in hurricane lamps.. Like you find at Wally's and Dollar store..... Just look at the label...some have kerosene and that is dangerous and smokes alot....... It's nothing mysterious, just check the label.....:D

BTW..... I just did some full of small 2 inch glass Christmas ornaments...... Looks pretty, did another with burned out C7 (Like the outdoor bulbs) Christmas light bulbs, I've done pinecones and artificial pine branches, polished stones, even mylor shread..
PM me if anyone needs wicks and holders........ I still have plenty .......

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Jingle Bells would be great !!!!!

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Let us know what you dream up Carolyn....... :sleepy:

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have lots more wicks and holders if anyone needs them.......

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Lori, what is mylor shread? I have never heard of it.

BTW - Thanks for the great ideas on what to put in them. I'm too pooped from cleaning yesterday, so today is craft day!

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Mylor Shred is like Easter grass, it's very shinny..... You sometimes see it in baskets and gift bags....

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Good for you, try and get a photo for us to see......

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
hey i found the wicks at Ben Franklin today 74 cents each. they only had 4 but i did order 50 more though they thought i was crazy wanting 50 of them thought i had written it down wrong and i only wanted 5. I said no i want 50 of them. LOL . I was so excited to find them finally.

·
Registered
16,011 Posts
Thanks Heaven, I have a Ben Franklin's 5 miles from me. I never thought to look there. I'll let you know if I find them...

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
That's a great price !!!
I hope you see pictures of everybody's oil lamps soon !

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.