Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My maternity leave is ending the end of the month and I am already having a great deal of anxiety about being separated from DD all day (with commute its 12 hours!) I find myself really hating my husband for not being able to support us and crying every day.

Your advice on getting through, survival stories and good humor would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
First, Hugs to you. This is a very hard place to be. I remember the day before I went back to work with 1st DD (almost 20 years ago). I rocked and held her all day and cried. We both made it through that first day and many more.

·
Registered
844 Posts
My dd loves the daycare centre, and I thought/think it's good for her to be there, as there are no same-language children to play with at home or in the apartment building. That said, we started slowly with only mornings for about a year. Now that my dh also has a job, dd is at the daycare centre from 8 am until 5 pm, 9 hours.

·
8,714 Posts
~((hugs)) I'm sorry it's so stressful for you right now. I went "back to work" at home 6 weeks postpartum, which is back to my regular schedule of housework and management and homeschooling. It was tough enough emotionally cutting back my baby snuggling hours while she was still in the house so I know how hard this must be for working moms. Isn't there any way you could stay home?
We live on one smallish income in NJ but I am very happy. It's hard work stretching the money at home since our income is low middle but I get to be there all the time for my kids and homeschool them too.
Have you ran the numbers lately for how much you actually bring home by working?~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts