Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone! Keep going! It's May already and have you noticed how much your emergency fund has grown? This really works for me. I'll let you know when I have deposited my $200.00. How are you all doing?:smball:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I am going into the bank to deposit my $200.00 this weekend. What happened to everyone? Is anyone else still doing the emergency fund challenge?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't been able to make a deposit this month into my emergency fund (too many Dr. bills for the kids) but I hope to be able to by the end of May. I will post when I do. Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
210 Posts
We started doing this last month: april and wanted to do it every month it looks like we might not be able to do it for may, but I'm trying my hardest to manage to put in $240 by the end of the month.

Melina

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am happy to report that I deposited my $200 this weekend. I can't wait until we hit $5,000.00. Then we will get a GIC.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
hi!!! I am still here!! LOL
My deposit was transferred on the 15th, but it has not shown up at the E fund yet!! I will update when it does-Probably later today. ( I hope) ;)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Mine's not an emergency fund, well sort of. It's a freedom account. I'll join this challenge now that I have opened my account. This is to pay non-monthly expenses like car insurance, sewer rental, and internet service.

My total is $50.00 so far. I will deposit $100.00 every 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
My transfer finally hit the emergency fund. My total in the E fund is 3886.68-woohoo!!! Will top that $4000 dollar mark soon!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Unfortantly every time we have somewhat of a Emergency Fund started up we have to move some of the money over to checking to cover more charges from our bank or we have to move the money over to checking to cover more bills that have come in.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Mine isn't called an emergency fund, but a van fund. I'm putting all the money into one account to surprise dh on his 60th birthday, so that he can take a full retirement. If an emergency arises, I will take money out of that account. I'll be adding $800.00 per month along with all of dh's overtime (at least thats my plan).

Each time the account reaches $2000.00 I'll be putting the amount into a GIC also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts