Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to break down my goal into mini monthly goals.

My goal for May is to learn how to sew curtains for my basement window. I bought a sewing machine 1 1/2 years ago and still have no clue how to even get the thread on the bobbin :bang:

The site for my sewing machine is under construction, was hoping to find info there. However, four of the ladies which I work with knows how to sew so I am going to see if sometime before the end of the month one of them will help to guide me. If this does not happen because of timing etc then I am going to get those curtains finished and hand sew them although I am not very good at that either but I picked up some nice(on sale) material a few months back for this purpose.

So yeah, this is a great goal for me :D

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good luck on your mini goal. The needlework challenge is another place you can post your progress! We love looking at pics too! :)

Reactions: bee9984

·
19,119 Posts
Good idea to choose something with straight lines for your first project. What kind of sewing machine do you have? In general - Singer machines usually wind the bobbins right in the bobbin case and others wind on the top of the machine. If you cannot find help at home, let us know and we can walk you through it.

In any event, we'll be here to cheer you on!!

Reactions: bee9984

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea to choose something with straight lines for your first project. What kind of sewing machine do you have? In general - Singer machines usually wind the bobbins right in the bobbin case and others wind on the top of the machine. If you cannot find help at home, let us know and we can walk you through it.

In any event, we'll be here to cheer you on!!
Thank you so much! :). My machine is a Euro-Pro X. The bobbin to wind the thread on I think goes on the top but I also see a place for under the needle where it opens up and a bobbin goes there too?

I just might be a hopeless case. Tomorrow at work I am going to ask one of the ladies there if maybe I can take my machine to her house for her to show me or she could come here which ever would be more convenient for her.

I didn't get any instructions with my machine, not that I could see anyhow. Dh even tried to figure it out with me lol.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I will be getting everything started tomorrow evening. Noone could help me till then lol. One lady that I work with said next week but I have a fear that if I don't do this sooner then later, it just won't happen.

I already have a mini goal in mind for June which will be keeping track of every penny spent on groceries for a month. As of now, I have no clue.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much! A few weeks ago their site said under construction lol.

I am on my way to work but will definately check it out when I get back home :clap:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after so many days of trying to figure this goal out I have Completed it!!! :D

I didn't have anyone to show me either except for video's online.The ladies who were going to help me well, one didn't have time yet and the other was having difficulty with figuring out the bobbin plus we were limited for time that day as my husband had to work that evening. I had also bought way back a sewing book on easy curtains to make but I only used the idea of a top part of a pair.

This is a Huge accomplishement for myself and now I feel like the sky is the limit. I am going to post pictures on Saturday.:D

I am just so Proud of Myself especially with never having used a sewing machine before! :clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts