Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading what the Duggers are going through with their miscarriage of Jubilee.....I feel so horrible for them.... (I can relate so much to what they are going through)I still feel the loss of our precious little girl Hannah Christine...who went home to Jesus in 1995 Her birthday would have been in April as well.....she would have been 16 this year. A Momma never forgets. My hugs and prayers are for anyone who has experienced this.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I was kind of sad reading your tag of 'maybe I shouldn't be feeling this'. OF COURSE you feel the loss of your child.
I have not experienced this, but can only imagine that it is the most heartbreaking thing that could EVER happen to a woman.

Anyone that tries to tell you HOW to feel about it is not worthy of having an opinion. ((( hugs to you today )))

·
Registered
206 Posts
You're right; you never forget. My son, Iain, would have been 16 last May... driving. Even after 16 years, the pain still creeps up sometimes. What's worse this time of year is that he died just a couple days before Christmas.

My heart goes out to you and anyone who has lost a child.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It is none of my b's how many kids they have, I'll always feel horrible and sad for a loss of a child. They seem like a wonderful family, I know this is painful for them.

·
Registered
419 Posts
We are about to go through this tomorrow. I will be delivering a baby that cannot survive long after birth. I have imagined the pain but I don't know it yet.

It is nice to know there are others out there who know how I will be feeling.

·
19,119 Posts
MissSeetonFan - am covering you in prayers and aloha as you journey through this new experience. There are so many of us who have travelled there before and those children never leave our hearts.

Reactions: MissSeetonFan

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
It is alright to feel this way u are entitled to your feelings they are yours. a mothers heart years for her children does not matter if you have 1 or 20. The loss of one must be the worst hurt ever.nmki8 and Sassy agrees lol ( my cat who helps me type)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess what I meant when I said that I shouldn't be feeling this.....is that years ago, when we went through losing our little girl, I never thought that the pain would last forever. Others say that the pain becomes less as time goes on....to a point,that's true....but when I hear of someone else going through what we did, it all comes flooding back. The bright side of it is...is that I can help comfort others,knowing what they are experiencing.
I do not dwell on my loss, I am not bitter...and I find comfort in knowing that I will see that beautiful little girl where there will be no more goodbyes.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I hadn't heard of the Duggar's loss. That is really sad :(
MissSeatonFan- I'm so sorry about your situation... I'll say a prayer for you-- Stay strong xoxo

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
MissSeetonFan I will keep you in my prayers.
God Bless you and your family.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
My triplet girls would have been 20 in April. You never forget.

So sorry MissSeatonFan..will keep you in my prayers. :hugz:

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
My Ds would have been 25. And another child I miscarried 22. And no it's not like you can "erase it". Or should you want too. It's all part of lifes journey. My Ds had a twin at 5 weeks also and that always makes me pause and wonder. I don't know if Ds would have been easier to raise or not??
To missSeatonfan I will pray for strength for you.I had to deliver the first loss too. Don't feel guilty for being relieved its over. That part really messed w/ me. And please if you need to and the hosp. has a support group,use it. Hugs and prayers.

·
Registered
590 Posts
(hugs) you have the right to feel what you feel when you feel it. I am fortunate to not know the pain of losing a child and I hope with God willing that I won't. However, in the reverse I did lose my mother when I was a teenager almost 30 years ago and while time has helped it doesn't stop me from think about her and wondering about what certain events in my life would have been like with her at my side and how delighted she would have been to know her grandchildren.

Anyhow sorry to hijack your thread Many Houseapes and huge hugs to one and all who have felt the loss of child and to you MissSeetonFan.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
A mother carries her child under her heart. It doesn't mater how old the child was. The pain and, grief are there forever. No mother should lose a child. My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a child.
Fern

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too lost a daughter when I was 6 months pregant and my sister and 2 of my sisters-in-laws pregant at the same time and they all had girls there are some days when I look at those girls and wonder what mine would have been like. The lost feelings never go away just don't hurt quite as much. I honor her memory every year by putting flowers on the alter at our church, I don't tell anyone what they are for because I don't need them to feel bad for me, I am just doing this for myself.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Max 915, I know exactly what you're saying. I was pregnant the same time as my sister in law and my best friend. I miscarried. My SIL had her baby and he died within 12 hours (group beta strep, they didn't routinely test back then). My best friend delivered a happy, healthy baby girl.

My next pregnancy I was pregnant the same time as my sister and my cousin. My sister delivered a week before me. Her son is now 16. My cousin and I delivered the same day. Her son is now 16. My son died at 7 months old.

I've spent the last 16 years watching those kids and wondering what might have been.

Fortunately, the next pregnancy was the same time as another sister-in-law. We both had girls a couple months apart, and my DD has a cousin her age!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I think when we hear of someone having a misscarriage/stillbirth, we automatically think about our own experience with this, and the child who is still in our heart. And we get a little pang of sorrow.

My miscarried child would have been 24 last month.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts