Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD and I have to walk by the smoking area of the local highschool to walk to her school. We are always hearing swearing etc. Today when we went by one kid said something and the other who was coming out of the school yelled at his friends, HEY watch you language there are ladies coming. Made me smile.

·
19,119 Posts
Yup - his parents are on it and raising one solid citizen!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
What a great kid. Heck it's hard to find adults who have manners and respect like that. He must have very good parents.

Cat

·
27,948 Posts
Good for him! Lots of good kids out there thank goodness.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That's nice, but as a side note...the high school has a smoking area?

Reactions: Mom2-3

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
it is just a little off the school property about a foot. As long as you are not on property you can smoke. When I was in highschool we had a smoking area.
I think the curiosity in the smoking area come from the fact that in the US the youngest age you can buy cigarettes is 18 years old some states have higher age limits up to the age of 21.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great kid!

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is nice to hear! I work with a child in a wheelchair at a high school and some of the children will hold the door open for me!! I was so surprised they would do that! Our campus is strictly no smoking for students and staff. But that didnt stop a boy from setting off the fire alarm for smoking in the boys room at lunchtime!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
That is great! I am so excited to come across younger ones who practice manners.

I am always working on my grandson and I seem to be making progress.
:applause:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I think I would rather have them swear in front of me than smoke. My ears aren't that tender, and the swearing of youth usually gives way to more respectable speech later on. But smoking is deadly for these kids.That would be my primary concern.I would tell them too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.