Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to challenge myself to exercise at least 15 minutes every day. Yes, every day. I'd like at least 4 days/week to be 30 min+. I'm on a new medication that has made me gain weight, and now I need to lose even more than before. :(

Anyway, please feel free to join me. You can set your challenge to be whatever works for you. It doesn't have to be the same as mine.

·
19,119 Posts
I'm going for 30 minutes daily - doesn't matter what kind, I just need to get moving!!

Unfortunately, I don't need medications to make me gain weight, I can do all too well on my own!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going for 30 minutes daily - doesn't matter what kind, I just need to get moving!!

Unfortunately, I don't need medications to make me gain weight, I can do all too well on my own!!
:laugh: believe me, I don't need the medication's help either. I seem to gain weight just by being in the same room as food! :sigh:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i'm in!
:dancing: < it burns calories :laugh:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm in!
:dancing: < it burns calories :laugh:

:laughinghard: Virtual exercise does not count, unfortunately. Otherwise, I would just do this all day:

:hurray: <--jumping :woohoo: <--running :yippee: <--jumping jacks

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i'm pacing myself

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I am in for 30 minutes a day. :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I'm in for 30 minutes 5 days a week. I've gained so much weight that my knees are bothering me, I've got to lose these extra pounds.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WATP 1 mile (15 min) and WATP ab workout (10 min)

·
19,119 Posts
Got my 30 minutes in today by extra walking!! One day down!! A lifetime to go (hopefully)!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Yesterday 30 minutes done! :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Well I've been going to the gym alot lately! I do about 1 hour of cardio..then throw in some weight training every so often...If I don't do the weight training then I do another half our of cardio...So...I'll put 1 hour for 5 days each week...I do take a day off now and again!

·
19,119 Posts
Exercise plan for today is walking and lifting - boxes and getting ready for the yard sal's a good workout!!e. I am always physically exhausted after holding a yard sale, so I know it

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
the treadmill is calling my name

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
OK, I need to join you, but going to start out slow, maybe start with 15 min, 7 days a week. I'm still out of wack from this vertigo, so cant walk a straight line yet.

Today I walked around the yard.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I walked 30 minutes today. Yesterday I walked 15 minutes. Every minute helps.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Only 15 minutes today.. my brother showed up unexpectantly from Canada so I didn't walk...just visited iwth him and his boys. Hoping to get out here soon and so a little outdoor activity before I call it a night. :)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Great idea! I didn't do anything yesterday, and today isn't looking much better, but I will try for 20 - 30 minutes per day of aerobic exercise, and sit-ups/push-ups daily.

Of course, I injured my leg today, so not sure I'll make my goal for the next couple of days. Do I get extra credit for limping on the treadmill? Does that burn more calories? :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
What did you do to your leg madhen? I hope it feels better soon...the work you do around your place, you can't be laid up for long! Take care!

1 - 20 of 194 Posts