Time Needed:
25 minutes​
Ingredients:
Half a pack of smokey bacon ends, chopped
5 herby butcher's sausages, chopped
2 small (or one large) onion, sliced
2 tinned chopped tomatoes
Sprinkling of garlic powder
1 tsp of mixed dried herbs (or more to taste)
Salt & Pepper
Pasta to serve with
Grated cheese to sprinkle on top​
Serves:
4​
Directions:
In a frying pan (skillet) dry-fry the sausage chunks lightly until they release a little oil. Then, add the chopped bacon bits and fry until they start to change colour.

Add the onion, garlic powder and dried herbs, stir, and fry until the onions are translucent.

Add the 2 tins of tomatoes and let it simmer for ten minutes. After this, put the pasta on to boil. After ten to fifteen minutes, the pasta should be ready and the sauce should have reduced to a thick consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary with salt & pepper.

Drain the pasta. Mix the pasta into the sauce, and serve topped with grated cheese.​

·
19,119 Posts
Am going to do this with low carb pasta - my new best friend since I am a total pasta lover!! Mahalo for posting the recipe!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wanted to say that I tried this tonight (I'd frozen some from when I made it, and reheated it) and served it with mashed potatoes. Very, very tasty together with the chunky meat sauce, and excellent comfort food. I'd be tempted to serve it with mashed potatoes just as often as with pasta :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts