Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1/2 a bag of frozen meatballs. What can you make with them beside spagetti and meatballs or meatball subs? I need this to feed a family of 4.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
soup - noodle or wedding or cheeseburger etc....
chili
stroganoff
tacos
enchilladas

Basically, think of it as ground beef...what would you do with a small amount of beef to stretch it out?

·
Registered
984 Posts
We just have the meatballs in gravy and mashed potatoes, corn and rolls.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Whatever you do, just don't let those meatballs roll out the door :) :lol3: :wink:

But like another person said, use them just like ground beef and add stuff to it.
Pasta, beans, you could even make a great chili. or soup or stew.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How about Swedish meatballs? Make a sauce for them by melting butter, whisking in an equal amount of flour, add beef broth and bring to a boil, add some dill, some pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg. When the sauce thickens, take off the heat and stir in some sour cream. Pour over the meatballs and serve. I love these with egg noodles and green beans on the side.

·
27,948 Posts

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
Meatballs Marsala. Basically a cream sauce with 1/2 c cheap marsala wine (it's sweet) in it served over noodles or pasta.

I crumbled some up that we had leftover and put them on pizza just this week.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
One of my "darling" children left the big bag of meatballs out after dinner instead of putting them back in the freezer. So, I had like 3 lbs of meatballs to use up. One of the boys refuses to eat meatballs (he has texture issues). So, I crumbled them up and used them as the meat on pizzas. No one knew. But, apparently, those were some really good pizzas.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I too was going to suggest it as a pizza topping alternative be it sliced in rounds instead of pepperoni or more like ground beef crumbled to make a cheeseburger pizza or turn them into a calzone/pizza pocket using premade crescent roll dough, tomato sauce and shredded cheese.

Crumble them into casseroles, cheeseburger/meatball or italian wedding soup, scrambled eggs/quiche, make a meat sauce for pasta, meatball skewers - instead of souvlaki (or spiedies...thinking of Darlene here ;)) and lastly slice into strips and stir fry with veggies and long pasta.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Whatever you do, just don't let those meatballs roll out the door :) :lol3: :wink:

QUOTE]
That is too funny.....I think I'm going to try the chili with meatballs..Thanks everyone for all of the ideas. I think next time, I'm going to try the meatball skewers....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.