Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from that dr and because of some medical problems I have I am now spending over $140 a month on meds and that is with them being generic. The bad thing about it is I can not change this. These are all life long meds for conditions that can not be cured. Ain't life wonderful?
We do not have insurance and my husband is now on meds also, but his are only $12 a month so that is good. I just hate this. It seems like there is always something.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Does your Wal-mart have the $4.00 generic Rx deal? Also, you can contact the drug manufacturers and sometimes get qualified to get free meds or cheaper meds, especially since you don't have insurance that will be in your favor. Have you looked into mail order pharmacies?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Jeanna, I feel your pain, really. My meds are almost twice the cost of yours -- and none of them are the kind they sell for $4 at Wal-mart. I get generics, but it's still expensive. The alternative, though, really isn't an option, is it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was going to suggest the $4 Walmart generics as well. I use them, as much as I can. Saved a ton of $$ for us so far. Instead of several hundred $$/month, I spend approximately $30.

Please keep us posted. Sorry you're going through this.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Ask your doctor for free samples they will help take some of the bite out of your budget. Doctor's offices have free samples to help out the patients. Or, you can find out if the drug company has an "indigent patient" program. If you meet certain income requirements, they will give you the medicine!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions. These were filled at Walmart. Today I spent $169 and if one of the meds don't work as well as she hopes she is putting me on 2 a day which will raise my meds to almost $200 a month. We do not qualify for the free meds. I tried, we make $79.00 a year to much. We can pay for them it is just so frustrating.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Jeanna,

You may want to check out AAA. Last year when I was unemployeed I was able to use my AAA card at my local Safeway and get my meds for about 1/2 price...........not as good as insurance but it saved me about $65 a month.

leezza

1 - 9 of 9 Posts