Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Gremlin! I adopted him today from a woman who got him for her kids and they did not want him anymore so she was giving him away for free. We all know I have a soft spot for rats and guinea pigs so DH saw it and showed me and we talked about it and decided to adopt him!

He is about a year and a 1/2 and a bit scared but so cute :) Piggies are great pets! He came with cage and everything (even food and hay for about a week!).

His food will cost about $15 a month so I am going to be budgeting an extra $20 a month into my budget for him. Piggies also get fresh fruits and veggies, but I am not going to budget extra for that because we buy fruits and veggies every week, so I will give him some of mine daily :)

So here he is:

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
He is really cute. Love the coloring.

Do they do better in pairs....or with a companion?

My DD had one and all the goofy thing did when you walked into the room was run under the newspaper and hide.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Cute :yes:

I'd also budget for other things for him too..like if he gets sick or needs something later on that you don't know about yet.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is really cute. Love the coloring.

Do they do better in pairs....or with a companion?

My DD had one and all the goofy thing did when you walked into the room was run under the newspaper and hide.
Definitely better in pairs! I will have to wait til there is another available for adoption later down the road to add in with him, once he is settled in!

Cute :yes:

I'd also budget for other things for him too..like if he gets sick or needs something later on that you don't know about yet.
I do have this in my monthly budget already for cats and rats, so this will go for piggies to :) So far I only have $60 saved for this though...but its getting there!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
What a sweetie, and very handsome colors too. He's going to be a real charmer. And Gremlin -- too adorable.

As with anyone who has animal companions, I always say the same thing -- get pet insurance. It may feel costly at the time, but trust me, it saves you a huge amount of headache and heartache later on. I wouldn't own a goldfish now without pet insurance.

·
4,028 Posts
So cute!

Growing up, my pig would hoot and holler for breakfast when he smelled my Mom cooking for my father at 4am. He got scrambled eggs and toast. :)

We also had a fenced in yard and we would put him at the door in the morning so he could hop down, trail the fence to his little home in the garden (typically full of weeds that he munched on). When it got too hot or dark, we would stand on the porch and make noise with a bread wrapper and he would trail the fence again and hop up the 4 steps to the kitchen where we would put him back in his indoor home. (oh, and if the dog was laying infront of the steps, he would just hop up on her first. LOL).

They make great pets and Gremlin is quite handsome.

Reactions: AnW819

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Piggies are wonderful pets!! I love the marks. :)

He is in good hands. :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I love Guinea Pigs! I have had several....they make great pets. Yours is very cute and I love his coloring....I like the red the best. My favorite was named Gigi and he was all red except for a white patch on his nose.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
He's adorable! I'm so glad you were able to adopt him. Good luck getting him settled in with his new family.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Aww he is so cute! Have fun with him. :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Very cute. I had one when I was little. We named him Chipper, but I can't remember why. He was all red. Our cats never bothered him but he would eat anything and everything in sight, including a sheet we threw over his cage to quiet him down sometimes. He loved lettuce and would SCREAM if he heard the fridge being opened. I used to put him in the bathtub with 1/2-1 inch of water and he loved it in there. I was allergic to him though. Can't remember why we ever got rid of him.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone!! Gosh I just love him so much :) He is sitting on my lap right now!!

Anyone wanna see more pics??? Here ya go!!!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
He's so cute! I used to have a guinea pig when I was a teenager....he was black & brown and I called him Reese (pb cup) :toothy:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts