Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's super early right now, and I'm just really really hoping it's hot and sunny today! I really could use a tan right about now ;)

If it's sunny and hot we'll go to Santa Cruz area for the beaches.

If not I'll be:
Returning stuff to Target
lot's of Coupon shopping!
Pilate's
Clean up Ayla's room
List some things on ebay. (one of those things i keep saying I'll do but never do)

It seems like such a quiet weekend around this place. I think it's because of the icky weather. If it were hotter, I think there would be a bar b que on every porch, and people would be dive bombing in the pool ;)

Enjoy the day you guys!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Rain, rain, rain, and more rain. We have had only 1 day without rain for the last 2 weeks, and it's going to rain through Friday :sigh:

DH and I are working on a home project, so that will take up most of the day. Maybe I'll get DD to make some banana bread.

Also need to clean up the LR. With everyone home, it's a wreck.

Pray that it will stop raining sometime before September......

·
27,948 Posts
Heather & Danielle, hope you get your sunny days.:)

Rainy and gloomy here. Wonder if the parades and observances will be canceled.:( My thoughts will be with those who serve our country.

Won't be getting the garden planted today, it'll have to wait till Thurs or Sunday since it's so soggy. Seems like my busy day is turning into a lazy day.

Going to be cooking up a turkey on the weber and I'm not sure what I am going to make to go with it. I do know that homemade ice cream will be for dessert.:D

Have a wonderful day friends!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have to go to work today..... No plans other than that..... I have a bunch of corn to cook when I get home......... Have a great day ladies !

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I did a lot of cleaning and unpacking of boxes yesterday. I'll continue to work on unpacking and organizing the remaining boxes. Gabe took Zachary to the movies yesterday, so that gave me a little time to clean a bit with two less people around.
We had really hoped to do a lot of yardwork, but it's been raining. :(
Going through clothes to get rid of. It feels good to let go of that clutter. I might gather some of the kid's clothes and toss them up on ebay.

Pretty dull day. Just cleaning and organizing.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
It is raining and dreary here. The yard was going to be the first priority for dh and ds1 today, but mother nature messed that up. Nothing really on the agenda today. We might go into Home Depot to look at some stuff for the bathrooms. Other than that it is going to be a lazy boring day. Happy Memorial Day to everyone.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Wewill be going out to dinner. For a traditional memorial Chinese dinner.:D I have to do some sewing and a bit of laundry. Haven't gotten a lot accomplished this week end but what they hay! I have the summer off so I can work then. ( true to the grasshopper I am;)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
It's not so sunny in Sunny Southern California either! I'm not complaining though, because all too soon it will be scorching and I will once again be worshipping my ceiling fans.

Man I got so much done yesterday. Maybe its California, because both Heather and I were very productive. I wrote so many papers yesterday and even got ahead of myself which will be awesome and actually free up some study time during finals!

Then, last night I got so ambitious, that I gave the kitchen a good cleaning, washed a load of clothes, and got a huge jump on cleaning my room.

Today I will just finish my room, do some laundry and fold it and put it away (I promise)

Vacuum the house and finish a little more painting in the papaya hallway. I need to have this done before the dorm-warming party.

Then I may just rent another movie on my extra credit list and write another paper.

Have a great day girls.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i have so much to do but im going to my friends instead:D she is have a cook out(its raining and will be inside for sure) and they love my saussage and peppers.i called in my unemployment and will get my check in a few days(anybody go a job for me:( ) but at least they extended unemployment.oh well im sure ill find something..

i should have fun at my friends, it always is

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
It's overcast here in eastern Washington State today also. The boys are all doing yardwork either here at home or at their "paid" jobs. DH is at work and I'm debating on whether to make a run into town or not. I forgot a few things at the store yesterday. I think one of the boys friends is coming over later, but I'm not even sure about that :laugh:. Oh my, I'm really not all together here today am I?;)

I did spend some wonderful time in prayer this morning and read another chapter in a great book. I still need to get all the potatoes put away and get some laundry going. A nap is also looking really good today! Between strange dreams and DH's snoring last night, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night so I'm a bit rummy today.:)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hi ladies! Hope all is well with you.

We just got back from BigK. I went to buy my best friend a bday present. Kmar't jewelry was on sale at 70% off, but not all of it, and of course I chose one of the pieces that was not 70% off, and didn't know until afterwards. So, I basically run the poor cashier to death. :toothy: I found a "Best Friends" charm, that is really pretty.

I have to work today, so dh will be doing the housework. yay.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Memorial Day Monday....

Memorial Day Monday....
Washing clothes
Drying clothes
Cooking Dinner
Making up the beds.
Taking out the garbage
Exercising
Walking the dogs.
Changing Kitty Litter
Do daily Devotionals(Read Bible,Pray,Write out Daily Bible Verses)
Study.
Work on Potty Training DD.
Relax.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Gorgeous day here in Florida. Sorry guys, you all seem to have lousy weather. I took my kids to the beach early this morning. My poor dh had to work. Got there at 8 and left at 11 AM. I could have sold my parking spot for $100:toothy: People were still trying to get to the beach when we left. There was a 3 mile back up on the causeway. We had a great time. I'm going to have my neighbors kids over in a few minutes so my kids can play with them and I can do my chores.

Keilley

·
Registered
849 Posts
It's aother beautiful day here :D.
I got all my buls planted & the plants my friend gave me for outside transplanted, I need to go & water them again today. It looks nicer out there now.
I cleaned my computer so it's working better
tossed expired coupons
studied
cleaned bathroom
cleaned off my desk
went through my magazines
did some research fro a frind of mine
got a couple things at the store {NO good sales this week :(}
got laundry started
tossed some old clothes
got the rugs washed & dried
made grocery list