Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dh never wears it and I really want him too. He has had the same bottle I bought for him years ago. He said buy me some for Christmas and I will wear it again.

Okay, I haven't shopped for cologne in years and don't know what's good out there! Just need some ideas.

So tell me your favorite, ya know that one smell that gets ya going. :hubba:

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I am not a fan of cologne. But, my 22 year old nephew wears Chrome. Last year for Christmas I bought him a bottle, took a whiff and thought it had a nice smell. His girlfriend really likes it, too. :)

It wasn't too expensive. I cannot remember the exact price, but it had to have been under $30 since that is always my gift giving budget for him.

·
Registered
10,978 Posts
Mine asked for the same thing a year or two ago, and I was able to get a sampler set of 6 bottles or so at Kohl's for under $20. In fact, I think I got it on sale for 9.99.

Looks like Target carries the same set: Men's Coffret by Elizabeth Arden 5-pc. Fragrance Set : Target

So far I've liked all of the ones he's tried.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Mine asked for the same thing a year or two ago, and I was able to get a sampler set of 6 bottles or so at Kohl's for under $20. In fact, I think I got it on sale for 9.99.

Looks like Target carries the same set: Men's Coffret by Elizabeth Arden 5-pc. Fragrance Set : Target

So far I've liked all of the ones he's tried.
Actually that's a really good idea, it was through a sample set that my SO found out he liked the smell of ckone - I don't think under normal circumstances he would go near anything made by Calvin Klein or any kind of fashion brand!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I really am not up to par with the latest and greatest men's colognes but I do remember like this a while back on someone I worked with - made him bring the bottle in to show me specifically which Hugo Boss one it was: Boss by Hugo Boss.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Lagerfeld.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I always liked Drakar and Cool Water but I don't want him to smell like my ex's. :laugh: Or maybe? heh

I think Fendi is one I was thinking of, maybe. Just going to have to put my noes to the test next time I'm out shopping.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My absolute favorite male scent is JOOP! I loved it so much, that I took my (former) boyfriend's bottle and squirted a few squirts into my car's vents, hehe.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts

Now I can not remember which it is Spicy Oriental or Oriental Woody but it is AWESOME! I think we have some bath gel we took with us on vacation last time, I'll check then. It's not all spicy like you'd think. Just so good. The hotel maid went bonky for it and tracked me down to find out just what scent our room was enveloped in. I ended up giving her a bar of soap in the scent. Totally Yummy!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I want to pick up some for DS's stocking and didn't know what to buy. He has just been wearing Aqua Velva. :)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Palooka, it is Spicy Oriental. Yummy!

Now this is not for men (exactly) But Wowza can it set the mood for a romantic evening. The scent is Naughty, and the foaming bath, and the massage oil is the Bomb! As is the candle.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Victoria Secret's Very Sexy for men...YOWZA!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
DH wears Preferred Stock and I can't wait to get my sinus surgery done so I can smell it again. I so miss that smell on his pillow.

Cat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.