Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I start doing this? Can anyone show me their menu plan or method? I am in a rut and need some inspiration...thanks :confused:

·
Registered
895 Posts
I recently made up a 4 week menu of dinners that we all like. I followed a pattern. Monday's are mexican food, Tuesday's are Italian, Wednesday's the kitchen is closed and we go out, Thursday's are Breakfast for Dinner, Friday's are crockpot meals, Saturday's are BBQ outside night, and Sunday's are family type comfort food meals. I then made up a shopping list of exactly what we would need for each meal that week. All we have to do is print the list up for whatever week we are on and mark off what we don't need. Very quick and easy. We are currently in week 3 and it's working great!!! :thumb:

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I do mine weekly, but have my new one before the end of the week.
I start with dinners and I figure what to fix or what everyone wants. then on paper I write down what is needed for that meal...
such as:(example)
chicken noodle cassarole
salad
this lets me know for the cassarole I need 1 chicken breast or leftover chicken (I take the leftovers off the bones and freeze)
mixed frozen vegs, cream of chicken soup, 2 chicken bullion cubes, and noodles...then I need the salad and dressings....all of this is written down.
Then if you have chicken for example and don't need more for the week you can cross it off your list or get it so you have it on hand.. This way if I'm making 3 or three items with hamburger I know I will need enough for 3 meals.
I do mine actually for 10 day's at a time but do it weekly...this way I can start restocking the cupboards and freezer.
Hope I didn't confuse you more!!!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I have a 3 ring notbook with all my favorite recipes in it, and recipes I want to try. I get a piece of paper out and brainstorm what sounds good for the month, then I pick out some recipes to make up enough meals to get to the end of the month.

I go by themes to, kind of, Monday is kind of what do we need to use up night, Tuesday is ground beef, Wednesday is clean out the fridge, Thursday is pork, Friday is Chicken, Saturday is quick and easy, and Sunday is a nice beef dinner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts