Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love to watch the meteor showers, seeing a shooting star is such an awesome sight. This week (started last night) and through next week is the time to watch the Lyrid Meteor Showers. I live in a rural area so I can see them beautifully. Here are a few tips from AOL about watching them.

Stargazing Tips For the Lyrid Meteor Shower:

1. The best night to observe the meteor shower is April 21-22 just before dawn.

2. You'll see anywhere from 10 to 100 meteors per hour.

3. Skip the binoculars and telescope when getting started -- the naked eye is just fine.

4. Bring along a basic, all-sky map. It tells you which stars and constellations to look for at any time from your location on Earth.

5. Sit in a reclining chair or lie down on a blanket over flat ground. If you're watching late in the evening, point your feet east and look straight up.

Even though it says the best night is 21-22, it will last until next Friday 4/25. We are going to have a midnight picnic Monday night in the backyard and watch them. DD and DH will be tired for work and school the next day but it will be worth it (I am off the next day ;) )

Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I love star-gazing as much as I love to "cloud-watch"! Hope the skies are clear!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I will have to watch and catch what I still can, I hope the shies are clear, I tried to watch the Leoneds last year but the sky was too overcast.... Thanks Kathy !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
o0o dd and i will have to try and look for these. ds will fall asleep before it's time to go out and look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts