Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planted a few plants several years ago and they did OK. This year they came back with a vengence.
Any suggestions on what to do with the excess? I imagine that the more I cut it back,the more it will grow like a weed.

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of oregano I have but it is aggressive, to. I dry a cookie sheet or two full of it for use over the winter and just pull it up and compost whatever gets out of hand.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Put a little table out in front of your house and sell it. Spices can be expensive and some people love the fresh stuff. You can put the oregano out with a sign and sell it by the bunch. Tell people to use the honor system and charge what you want. Or gift it. Plenty of people would love that.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I agree with the suggestions to share what you're not using, especially if you're just going to compost the excess. :)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
need my address??? :D :lol:

If you can dehydrate it... work it in to holiday gifts etc

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to dry some for later use.I'm debating on getting a dehydrator.I guess I should start trolling the thrift shops again.
I would gladly give some of it away but I am the "odd ball" in my circle of friends. They barely grow flowers much less herbs. I don't live in one of those neighborhoods either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts