Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We pay for 10G per month of internet, the last bill we got was 3 times the regular cost because we went over ( hubby canceled sat tv and compensated with youtube! ) He said that if I figure the amount of mb we can use per day, the kids can do their lessons on there while he is at work and he will use up the rest in the pm after work.
Anyone know how to figure this out? I dont know how to.
Thanks
Lori

·
Registered
689 Posts
About 330 meg a day 10g/30days. He's not going to watch much youtube if the kids are doing video clips during the day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I kept track today and with all three kids doing their interactive lessons online, this included 10mins of video in all, they used 110MB, I use about 20MB every week day and watch about 1 5 min video a week (17MBs?), and hubby downloads 10hrs of radio shows for work every night so 150MB for his shows, and 30MB of him on the net (if he is not watching vids), plus he watches at least 10 mins of vids every night, I figure about 6MB/min.
I am going to talk to hubby about the numbers tonight, does this sound right?
110MB/day for the kids 770MB/week 3.08G/month
20MB/day for me 157MB/week .63G/month
210/day for hubby 1470MG/week 5.9G/month

340MB/day being used
also found out we only get 8G/month
so should only using 266mb/day????

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yup - 266/day/30 day month - 258/day/31 day month. Somebody's going to have to cut back or else you are going to have to upgrade to more bandwidth.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we realy only get 3G for that price, ouch. there is no higher package for out here. hubby is going to get serious for at work, so he can listen to his show and sports at work. this will be much cheeper. i am cutting all the vids out of the kids curriculum. if hubby can be good when he is ar home, this should work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Telus. We live out in the country so we have to use a stick for our internet, unless we use a phone line, which is too slow.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Our provider started doing this last August. Really sucks. We go over every month. Tried to tell us 10 gig is alot...NOT.
I hate Hughes Net ( don't have anymore ) but at least with them when you've used your alloted amount for a period they just slow it way down to nothing. At least you don't get hit with a mega bill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts