Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you explain to me how you go about it? Do you mean we have to try to buy less groceries and see how much we can go through the month with food from the pantry?

OR

Do you mean, try to fill up the pantry with as little money possible?

Thank-you!
:)

· Registered
339 Posts
Lucie, the latter answer is the correct one! Actually the pantry principle is based on $10 a week. Ive cut mine down to $20 a month. I work my $20 FROM my grocery budget others seem to add that money TO the budget. So Im trying to lower my grocery bill & stock my pantry up for very little money. Can you tell Im an overachiever? LOL
~Michele~

· Registered
34,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL!! Yes are very motivated to gain alot with little money!;)
Actually, I have a tendancy to be like that, alot! Sometimes I have to talk to myself if I don`t achieve what I wanted exactly(and believe me! I have high expectations on my accomplishments and that can be exhausting for me at times). What about you?

And...Thanks for confirming my questions! :bfly: I`m going to join your challenge!

· Registered
339 Posts
Lucie,
Often I set too high of expectations for me. There in lies my problem! When the outcome is good but not "excellent" I also have to talk to myself about "doing better next time".....otherwise I will quit LOL I use to have a saying...if I dont do it well, I dont do it ! LOL
~Michele~

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Can a Pantry Budget be done on $10 a month??

Can a Pantry Budget be done on $10 a month??
I was just wondering because DH and I really need to cut more out of our budget!! :)
Thanks for answering my questions!! :)

· Registered
339 Posts
Carla,
I think it can only cause I shop very wisely and make almost everything from scratch. When I say pantry , it maybe different than your pantry. Everyone has their own list "staples". Mine includes flour, rice, sugar, oil, shortening,tomatoe paste, salsa etc. Peanut butter is a staple in many homes, its not in mine. For $10 a month I can buy 10 lb. sugar for $3.85, 50 lb. of flour for $4.81 (Sams)....leaves me a couple dollars for canned goods. I can do it this way cause I have a stocked pantry . If you dont have a well stocked pantry I would buy an extra 5 lb. of flour , some canned others etc. in small quanities in addition to your grocery list.
~Michele~

· Registered
1,656 Posts
The Flour and Pasta Meaning(Rice, and Macaroni) is no problem right now!!

The Flour and Pasta Meaning(Rice, and Macaroni) is no problem right now!! Basically I need to stock up on more Pasta and more Pasta Sauce ,Tuna, and some PeanutButter, !! :)
Well that is about it on what we need to stock up on!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.