Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grnwave: Hello!! I'm just wondering how many other Michiganders are out there.

I'm from the Grand Rapids area.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am here too!

Hello!
I am in Macomb County. I haven't been to your neck of the woods in ages!

I am relatively new to this site, and have loved all the info here and supportive people.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Hi, I'm Kim and I live in Pinckney, near Ann Arbor.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Hi from Midland. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Harrison Township here (Macomb County)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hi! Welcome to FV! I live in Bay City, MI. Near the corner of the thumb.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Just curious from you Michiganders.....

Due to the economy, is anyone else considering relocating to a different state?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I'm near Traverse City

I think the economy is bad in the town I live in, you see foreclosure signs on so many houses now. I work at home but I wouldn't be able to fnd a outside job right now if I wanted to

·
Registered
5 Posts
oakland county here

i live in Clarkston, mi...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just curious from you Michiganders.....

Due to the economy, is anyone else considering relocating to a different state?
Not yet.. due to all our family is here. Both DH & I agreed though if it wasn't for us being so close to our family we would be long gone.

I keep thinking it can't get any worse in MI, but unfortuantly they are proving me wrong.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is an interesting thread. Now its a year later and I wonder if anyone who posted here earlier has actually moved? We would probably move if we could sell out house, but we live in Genesee county, and nothing is selling here.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Lapeer county..not quite ready to move but when wife was looking for a job she got a lot of out of state offers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got family here, and we are retired...but so many of our friends and former co-workers have already moved to other states because of the job issues...and like many of them, we were all a part of the automotive world for so long...

May be moving to a smaller, more manageable home site though...three acres are way too much for Sis and I to take care of now..and with all the kids having their own families now, there isn't much help available in our area..tried several civic groups and Senior Citizen type listings...no one ever answered...

Not depressed about it....just kinda frustrated!

Viv, Just a Grannie in Michigan

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, the only place we would move to is northwest Ohio, where we used to live. The economy there is just as bad as in southeast Michigan.

So we are pretty much permanent Michigan residents.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Would love to move to a warmer state. Hate the winters in MI, but I have a very secure job and have excellent insurance. Not only that my youngest daughter is in 11th grade and don't want to pull her out of her high school. Unless something drastically happens I will stay put in this freezing winter.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts