1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just head the news... I feel so sorry for the family, and really hope that this does not put Mike back into his old ways... losing a child must be the hardest thing to live through.

I am confused just how it happened, I am sure it will come clear as I watch the news... The tread mill was unplugged from what I have heard... how did she get strangled?

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kaurand554 said:
I am confused just how it happened, I am sure it will come clear as I watch the news... The tread mill was unplugged from what I have heard... how did she get strangled?
You have a cord that you insert into the treadmill to turn it on. Most people just have the cord partly inserted or it just sits on top of the treadmill. Yes she was strangled and the seven year old found her and her mom did CPR and called 911 and she died later at the hospital. I think the news said she was pretty much brain dead.

This story reminds me of mini blinds with the cords hanging and I have read the same things have happened to kids. I have all my chords wrapped up high where the little one can't get a hold of. These kind of stories really freak me out. Sometimes it's seems so impossible to childproof the house, because it can happen so fast! I think they said the mother was cleaning the house.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I just heard of her death today and am so sorry for the family.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
It is such a random tradgedy and it is so sad. I'm guessing it was the "safety cord" on the treadmill, that she got caught up in somehow. It reminded me too, of the cords on mini blinds that can be so dangerous. My thoughts go out to the family.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
How horrible! I feel so bad for the family. :(

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
the poor family what they must be going through.
I can feel for them
Prayers being sent their way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts