Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They put my MIL in hospital yesterday for her blood pressure dropping. Then last night her sugar dropped. I am worried about her and I do not know what more I can do for her. She may need more help than I am capable of.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i am so sorry - does she live with you - live alone - do you have the equiptment to ck her blood sugar and blood pressure ? were any meds recently changed ? can she recognize symptoms of high BP and high nor low blood sugar if taught ?

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She does live with me> She moved here from OK. in March and we have just now got her on pain meds.Her shoulder is rubbing bone on metal. She can check her blood sugar and bp. Her Dr. took her off a bunch of meds, Libirum and Pain she is in so much pain . I believe the changing of meds caused her to get sick. But she is bi polar also and has issues with dementia.Also years alcoholism has affected her memory.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Sorry to hear about your MIL. I agree that coming off of some meds can negatively affect a person's health, even more so when it's several medications at one time. I hope your MIL recovers quickly.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. You and her are in my prayers that everything will work out okay.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Sorry to hear she is having difficulty. Sounds like my DH and I are dealing with simialr problems you are. My FiL lives with us and it is a rollercoaster ride. Good days, bad days, ups and downs. You cans do this. It will take a while to learn the signs of when her sugar and blood pressure are dropping pick up a blood pressure cuff at walmart. Around $30. We take his blood pressure every day at dinner time so it is consistant. Mark it on a calendar and you can see if the trend is too high or too low, then get her in to the doctor. It is alot of work but I would rather do the work than put him in a home. Hugs to you. You are doing a wonderful job with her. :)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
There are few things worse than seeing a loved one in pain. Praying for you all.

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
MIL is home with us and they took her off of her bp meds and I am watching very closely. Thanks everyone.
Glad she is with you........hang in there.

Only you can decide what you are capable of........and don't forget
to take some time for yourself. Being a care giver is stressful!
Don't let your own health slide.

·
19,119 Posts
Good advice to take care of yourself - need to be strong before you take care of others. I'm concerned about the afect of her bipolar disorder. She is so blessed to have you to live with. As Debbie said, it's a long haul, but so worth it for everyone. Please let us know how everyone is doing.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She is fine today went to Wally world by herself. very independent person. She is in denial about the bi polar as long as she is no hers meds it will be fine. Her son my hubby is bi polar and I know all the symptoms and meds for it. Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Glad to hear everything is ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts