Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday, we got the ok for DS to start on solid foods. He turned 5 months on Monday.

Last Saturday, Dad fed him a few spoonfulls of jellied cranberry sauce (wouldn't have been my choice, but DS loved it and had his mouth wide open - and held it all down). So Sunday we try and start the normal rice cereal like we're supposed to. Blah - it tastes terrible (I guess) - not opening his mouth or getting any of it down. So we've been trying again every night...

...and tonight he finally ate it, and ate the entire bowlful!!! Woo-hoo!!! Ok, so the entire bowl is one tablespoon of cereal and some water, but hey..

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
That is great! Glad he liked the cranberry sauce, I love that stuff too :)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Fantastic! That's so exciting. I was going to say to put a little fruit on the tip of the spoon that's full of cereal--that's usually a good trick to get 'em to eat that horrible rice cereal!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
It only gets better from there. My son was a weirdo---loved his veggies and hated every fruit except for---apricots.....

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
That is a big milestone!! I also added some fruit to get my kids to eat the cereal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts