Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the military ever messed you or your spouse's pay up? If so, how did you go about getting it resolved? And what was the timeline it took to get it resolved?

Hubby hasn't received his drill pay for his August drill yet. He received an les for zero dollars. No monies being paid at all. (I first checked to make sure there weren't repayments or anything like that). His LES literally shows no income. no deductions. It shows this: .00.

Since his unit is deployed he has contacted rear detachment who have told him it is in the process of being fixed. We are lucky in the fact that we use the military income as supplemental since hubby is only on a monthly drilling status.

Just curious if anyone else has had any experiences like this and how it was resolved.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Supposedly he'll get paid by the 15th. I'm not holding my breath though, especially since no one can tell him why he hasn't been paid in the first place!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Good luck. They always get it right but sometimes it takes awhile. We had the military one time take out state taxes for a state that we never lived in. It took us till the following tax year to get our money. We had to file for that state income tax and claim never living there to get our money back.

Luckly we saw it right away and they only took out 1 month of taxes so it wasn't alot of money.

One reason to check your LES's even if the pay is right.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck. They always get it right but sometimes it takes awhile. We had the military one time take out state taxes for a state that we never lived in. It took us till the following tax year to get our money. We had to file for that state income tax and claim never living there to get our money back.

Luckly we saw it right away and they only took out 1 month of taxes so it wasn't alot of money.

One reason to check your LES's even if the pay is right.
Awesome reminder. I know they have it printed down in mininscule type on the LES to check your reporting tax state, but I doubt many people read it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My husband is no longer in the military. Our oldest son is. Some things with the military never change.

My daughters in my profile pic are my pre and post deployment baby's. They are 12 months and 11 days apart. They are Desert Storm Baby's.

Even thou we have been out of the military a long time I do miss some things. My dil and son remind me of issues I don't miss.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
dh use to have lots of issues with his drill pay. When he was deployed his readiness NCO was the one I always contacted and he always got things fixed. Sometimes it was quickly but most of the time it took until the next pay cycle. I was calling all the time when he was deployed. It got to the point where when he found out it was me he would ask what they screwed up in his pay this time. Hope you get it fixed. being without pay sucks.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pay has been corrected, and he'll receive in on the 15th. However, due to timing and dates, there will be 3 months of SGLI and SGLI family premiums coming out of it. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts