Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just want to make sure that the military families here know about USAA. You have to be currently active or very recently discharged, retired, etc. to sign up. They offer savings acounts, lower apr on loans and such and my favorite LOW CAR INSURANCE!!! They have always been good to me with my vehicles. If you sign up now and have kiddos they will be able to sign up as well never having been in the military. That is how I got in my mom retired after 20+ years with the National Guard. Just wanted to let you know about this great deal. I cant post links but it is usaa . com you can get info there.

I am not affiliated with this group except to get low rates but I just watched my cousin get turned down because his dad got out too long ago, so I wanted to share with all people who would benefit. Had he been able to join it would have cut his car insurance by half.

Michele

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
yep, we have several accounts with them. I haven't looked into the insurance yet. They have been good to us so far. I have no complaints.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
DS#1 has his car insurance through them and has not had a problem. They gave him a better rate than any other insurance company.

·
Registered
204 Posts
We have USAA for everything, checking, savings, credit card, car loan and insurance. Could not be happier with them. We have hit two deers in the last 2 years and we had no problems filing our claim and they had fast service to. I also have never experienced more friendly coustomer service. I highly reccomend them.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
We have everything with them, too ~ checking, savings, money market accts., mortgage, homeowner's, car insurance, my DD's renter's insurance, my kids have their accounts through them, too. We've been with them since 1975 :)

You will get ATM fees refunded, you can deposit checks by scan instead of mailing them, customer service is great. We've had to use our homeowner's ins a few times with no problems at all.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I can't tell folks just how GREAT USAA is! We have everything with them, mortage, insurance, banking. They are great. When you call - you might have to push a few buttons - but when someone comes on the line they are nice, polite, and really want to help! We don't even try to check with other companies for insurance - because what we would save in a few dollars a month - USAA's customer service makes up 100 times over! We have already added our children on so they can continue the benefits later in their life. Sometimes being in the military is tough - but they make it clear they are here to serve us! :mdance:
Dianne

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm a little late adding my 2 cents, but I wanted to add that USAA is AMAZING! Their customer service is top-notch, and their car insurance rates usually can't be beat. The only thing I have found them not to be competitive with is insurance for ATVs. They were twice the price of different companies. But, overall, we use them for just about everything!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
We also have and LOVE USAA! However, we are not miliatry. Dh got it as a teen because his dad worked for the Forest Service (govt.) He's kept it ever since and no way would we change, even for better rates. They have the best customer service and also great rates on loans, mutual funds, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We also have USAA and I love the ability to scan in those little rebate checks and survey checks into our account. We do direct deposit for everything else.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
My son is in the military. I will ask him about this. Thank you for sharing the info. I hope it will help him.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
We have USAA and after this most recent accident/car repair, I still love them lol.

We are having issues with their "qualified body shop" but USAA's service has been fantastic otherwise. The thing with no using their qualified shop makes it less convenient for us, but the guy does shoddy work, charges too much and takes too long. I'd rather have a little inconvenience than deal with him.

I just wish USAA had a way of complaining about their "qualified shops" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too <3 my USAA service. Have my insurance, checking, savings, mortgage etc. through them.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
They used to give you a $50 credit for new carseat purchases for babies... anyone know if they still do that?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I recently compared my car insurance rates and USAA was far cheaper then anyone else. I will never change.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
They used to give you a $50 credit for new carseat purchases for babies... anyone know if they still do that?
Ok, no they don't, in case anyone is wondering. :D

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
We have some accounts with USAA, use it as more of a squirrel away account then anything. I checking into insurance with them and in our case it was WAY higher for way less coverage than we get with Farm Bureau,

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I like the fact that they lower your interest rates on credit cards for PCSing and deployments. My cc#2 is with them.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I like the fact that they lower your interest rates on credit cards for PCSing and deployments. My cc#2 is with them.
They don't do it out of the kindness of their hearts really....look up the Soldier's and Sailors Relief Act.

When Zac deployed the interest rate on our mortgage, credit cards, loans, etc. dropped because of the Soldier's and Sailor's Relief act.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Hmmm...

I did not know this.

Did he get his rate lowered for an entire year or just the duration of the deployment? Does the relief act apply to PCSing as well? Do you know if you have to have any paperwork to verify that he's deployed? We won't get any.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts