Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby is leaving tomorrow for his two weeks of AT (annual training) up in Minnesota. His unit ALWAYS goes to Minnesota for AT.

I then started thinking about all the various places he has been with the military--Nebraska, Mississipi, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Iraq, Kuwait, Germany, Kosovo.

I didn't get to go as many fun places--Texas, Arkansas, South Carolina.

Where has the military taken you?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Sadly, I didn't deploy at all during my tour in the Marines. I did, however, get to spend time in Florida and South Carolina and North Carolina. I'm a big fan of hot weather and I miss it, plus the beaches. :( Sadly, the beach I used to hang out in in Florida is covered in tar balls and that makes me really angry.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Hubby traveled around the world when he was in, and now he wants to be a homebody while I still want to travel :laugh:

As a military wife, I lived in Florida, Mississippi, New Jersey, Virginia, Japan and Hawaii.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I didn't marry military but I grew up in it! We got sent all over the place! I was born at Fort Meade and my Dad was immediately sent to Germany after I was born. We had to stay in New York for a few months until I was old enough to travel overseas. We lived in Germany for 3 years, Mom said we traveled all over Europe....too bad I don't remember any of it! Eventually Dad was stationed in Kansas. We traveled from one end of the US to the other during those years so I've been in almost every state there is, whether it was just a drive through or to live! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts