Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Everything seems to be going up..........but nobody gets a cost of living raise to compensate the rise in things
Fern

·
8,714 Posts
~I go through 8 gallons a month right now. That's an extra $2.40 a month for me. Still a bargain, IMO. But I'll cut back on my usage by diluting whole milk with water and that should save me 1 gallon a month so I won't increase my costs. Thanks for the info!~

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Thanks for sharing this article. It's shocking the way cost of food, gas, and living goes up so quickly and fluctuates so dramatically and the average person has to compensate by cutting their budget back even further for basic needs like milk or produce.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
It seems like the price of everything keeps going up but wages sure aren't going up with them. :(

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I heard that on Paul Harvey News this morning. I remember when it went up the last time. I try to buy mine at the gas stations instead, a lot of them still have it for less than $3.00 for now at least, and one of them is $2.79 each or 2 for $5...thats usually when I buy it ;)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I cant hardly afford all the millk we drink as it is. My little one is still under two so she has to drink whole milk, otherwise I would water it down. ITs already up to 3.69 at my store.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Too bad the farmers aren't getting any more for the milk.
if they do it will be 1% yet feed is going sky high, fuel for their tractors is out of this world.
Someone is making money but its not the farmers. They are just going bankrupt.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Milk prices here went up about 5% a few weeks ago. I hope it doesn't go up even more. :(

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Milk has gone up here, too.... :ugh:

Especially powdered milk...which went up about a month or so ago...from $12.99/box to $14.99/box! :pdoff:

We drink powdered because it comes out cheaper (and we can water it down a bit more...just goin' on cereal). Also, it saves a lot of "last minute runs" to the store.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Price yesterday (on sale) 1.99 - Today (on sale) 2.18. The same store and weekly ad! Of course it's skim - whole milk is 3.48 and not on sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts