Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had sugar in 9 days---NONE! :D For me this is a big accomplishment as I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world.

I'm very proud of myself :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
WTG Michelle!! That's great, just curious though, did you have any sugar withdrawals, i.e., headaches? I remember I had a really bad one the first day, but after that I was okay.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That is REALLY good Michelle!

Ok I have a confession LOL (this is disgusting!)

You KNOW I hardly eat ~ but I DO drink LOTS of coffee AND smoke way too much :( (and I wonder why I don't feel well LOL)

I don't really like sweet things i.e. chocolate and stuff but EVERY time I make coffee (which is LOTS) I EAT a spoonful of raw sugar! :eek: :eek:

We go through about 2 kilos of sugar a week and MY coffee is ALL we use it for!!!!!!!! :eek:

Ok you can all run away and be sick now ROFL. Confession Over.

So VERY well done! I couldn't give up my sugar I'm hooked ;)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That's so great Michelle!!!!!!!:fdance: I know soooo much how you feel about sugar! I have the second sweetest tooth around...;)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Belinda said:
WTG Michelle!! That's great, just curious though, did you have any sugar withdrawals, i.e., headaches? I remember I had a really bad one the first day, but after that I was okay.
Actually I'm doing Atkins, so I gave up all carbs (but 20 g per day), sugar, and caffeine. This is for 2 weeks, and then I can increase them somewhat. I only had a headache one day, and it was 4 days into it, so I think it was unrelated. I did take precautions though and drank TONS of water, so maybe that had something to do with it.

·
27,948 Posts
:clap: Good for you Michelle!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Good for you Michelle. Quite an accomplishment.

Oprah had a program on yesterday that talked about sugars, the simple and the complex and how the average person ate 150 pounds of simple (white sugar) in a year. They also talked about how simple sugar (again white sugar and carbs) turn into fat in our bodies!!! It was a very interesting program.

Another statistic is that 1 out of 3 children born now will end up with diabetis!!!! Not a good statistic at all.

Keep it up Michelle!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm so proud of you Chelle ! Robin has been on that diet and it works for her...... I hope you have much success with it....
Bev, that's what makes you so sweet !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
~~CONGRATS MICHELLE~~:smball: :smball:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
WTG! You have strong will power! :D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Congratulations Michelle!!! I know how great Atkins is, and I am on day two. I have modified it a bit because I do have my morning cup of coffee and I put a tablespoon of Coffeemate Frnech Vanilla in it, otherwise I am back on trck. Are you feeling the Euphoria yet?

Go to your drugstore and buy the ketostrips, they help you track ketosis, it is very fun to watch that process.

Keep it up!!!:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
WTG Michelle!!!!!

I have a big time sugar/ soda addiction.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
good job!!! I am so impressed, I could never give up my sugar that long :eek: But maybe I should try doing it at least every other day for starters :D

Does that mean you also gave up fruits and things like that?

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aylasmommy said:

Does that mean you also gave up fruits and things like that?
Yes, I'm doing Atkins....no fruits for 2 weeks. I'm missing the fruits but not the sugar items (like candy, cookies, etc)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts