Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mini Tutorial - Shaker Boxes

Shaker boxes are fun to do. And a great way to add dimension and interest to a page (or a card...the possibilities go on and on). You can make your own designs from paper piecing (as I will show), die cuts, mini paper frames and more. You can fill your shaker boxes with an assortment of items; confetti, beads, small shells, buttons to name a few.

Supplies:
Scissors
3M type mounting tape
shaker box face: Die cuts, frames, or a variety of papers
page protector
Shaket items: confetti, buttons, beads, etc

Step 1: Decide on your shaker box design. Mine will be a paper pieced cake. Cut out your pieces per your design choice. Cut out a window from your largest piece (in my example the cake part) or where you decide the best location for te window to be. make sure to leave enoughroom all around the window for the mounting tape to fit on the back. If there is coloring or other decorating needed to the front, now would be the time to do such accenting.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Step 2: After cutting your pieces, cut a piece of page protector to cover your window. Adhere your window to the back side of your shaker face by using mounting tape. To adhere the plastic make sure that it is caught UNDER the mounting tape (As it would if your were to be taping it on with say, scotch tape for example)

It is hard to show the plastic in the pics as it is clear. But I hope I am being clear about the way it is done. :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Step 3: Add your shakers. if you need to you can add a few more layers to the mounting tape to create a deeper box if you want thicker/larger items in your shaker box. Place a piece of coordinating cardstock to the mounting tape to enclose the shakers...in essence creating a box for your shakers.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Step 4: Turn over your shaker to admire your work! :toothy: ( I forgot to tak a pic before i out it onto the page, sorry!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Step 5: adhere it to your page. Here's my example:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts